Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Can anyone please confirm if the WXA-50’s EQ settings also affect playback via the analog and optical inputs, or if the settings only affect the streaming (network) audio playback? This YouTube video seems to suggest the latter. I’d like to tweak bass, mids and treble but will only be using...
  2. C

Sony NWZX300 - quick measurements

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my Sony NWZX300 – a beautiful (yet flawed) little beast. Great interface, stunning build quality, snappy performance... but significantly underpowered. Also, there's no "Enqueue" or "Add to playback queue" function, which is a real shame! And beware that buying one...
  3. C

Focusrite Clarett 2Pre USB - quick measurements

Up until recently I was using the Digilent Analog Discovery 2 to perform audio measurements on my DIY audio projects - with 14-bits of resolution, it's a surprisingly powerful and cost effective little device. And while still an exceptional and blisteringly fast scope - I honestly can't see...
  4. C

Help me choose between these 3 measurement interfaces!

Thanks everyone again - I settled on the Clarett 2Pre. Have it set up and working like a charm - I may start a new thread with some measurements. Also, a step-by-step guide for getting decent loopback results - it took me a fair amount of fighting with the (terrible) Focusrite Control software.
  5. C

Okay, thanks for the heads-up! I think those may be deal-breakers, in which case I'll rule it out for now. As sexy as it is :) I use both Windows and Mac, so I can use either. In addition have the choice of both the Clarret USB or Thunderbolt, and the Apollo USB version is on offer as well. So...
  6. C

I'm an audio DIYer, and I want to start making high quality measurements of some of my designs - power amplifiers, headphone amplifiers and preamps. I've got a decent scope, some high power dummy loads and some highly precise attenuators I've built - so all I need now is a decent soundcard or...
Top Bottom