Search results

1. Doodski

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

I used to grab a small cardboard box and fill it up with Walkmans and work on them till lunchtime and do this often. I had part numbers memorized, MODs memorized etc and was all about Walkman stuff. You are correct on the Quartz Lock and tidy tape path/transport never coming back.
  2. Doodski

Class D amp long term reliability

A reliable steady stream of fresh cooling air is all that is requested. I run 4, 200mm blue LED fans also with 2, 140mm coolers.
  3. Doodski

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

It's about standards and measures. Nothing more and nothing less.
  4. Doodski

For personal cassette systems look to Sony and Panasonic. To see what a full blown in-house team can offer and make money at.
  5. Doodski

It's one thing to do DIY service at home and a completely different thing when one has a service agreement for warranty service, replacement parts, literature etc.
  6. Doodski

In the high end car cassette head units they commonly used a core mechanism and by swapping out a driver PCB plus a large plunger one could opt in for a feature and so the manufacturers differentiated themselves and with of course outrageously awesome W&F test specs. IF there was a common core...
  7. Doodski

The entire production mechanism presently in place does not provide spare parts nor does it ever have any intention of doing that. Warranty service is a liability. Etc etc...
  8. Doodski

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

Whew! Have I heard a ton of crackling/staticky from CD DSP ICs. :D No matter the type whether personal, mobile, home etc the DSPs where known to become noisy.
  9. Doodski

What are we listening to right now..

Gustav Mahler - Symphony No. 3 (Lucerne Festival Orcherstra, Claudio Abbado)
  10. Doodski

Epic Road Trips

For my eyes only...LoL. :D
  11. Doodski

Epic Road Trips

If it is OK with you I want to copy the/this image and use it as one of two desktop images that I will hopefully have of yours. I have another that I was able to copy paste as a desktop image. It fits in so well with my blacked out window themes as the dark colors are present even when zapping...
  12. Doodski

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

A good spritzer literally cuts away the heat of the summer's day and one can be very particular about them...LoL. Even the ice cube shapes and diameters can affect the experience. Sorry to read about your Nonna. :D
Top Bottom