Search results

1. K

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

@JohnYang1997 I'm using a dac/amp which has quite strong residual 384khz switching noise, would this pose an issue at all if I were to use it as a source for the L30?
  2. K

How much power is optimal for Hifiman HE-400i?

I mean, a fair number of devices can definitely push 131mW at 35 ohms as that's ~2.2v with that load(not to say there aren't a lot of devices with very anemic outputs!). Despite what many reviewers say, HE-400i's are not hugely difficult to power and I've definitely enjoyed them on my old LG...
  3. K

How much power is optimal for Hifiman HE-400i?

The HE-400i has a sensitivity of 93.82 dB/mW SPL, so to get to 115 db SPL (very loud!) you would need an amplifier that could provide 131 mW at 35 ohms. 2w would probably destroy the drivers, or at the very least your ears as 120 db SPL would only require ~430 mW and that is definitely too...
  4. K

Burn-in testing - real or imaginary?

This is completely incorrect, the only thing that dictates how high voltage you can run is the architecture and luck. If going past a certain voltage or clock speed causes instability it always will and no amount of "burn-in" will fix that.
  5. K

[Beta-testers wanted] Multi-Automation Tool (M.A.T) for Equalizer APO

I'd definitely be up for trying if poss, already using EqualizerAPO but this is a pretty cool sounding solution to make it easier for hoarders to EQ haha. I'm currently switching between HE-400i's, Takstar Pro 82's and ATH-M50x's.
  6. K

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

sucks to hear, almost saw them in Vancouver last year but opted for Cattle Decapitation (now cancelled (:). still holding out to see them one day.
  7. K

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

It's kind of fascinating how big of a regression this was from the Q1 Mk II, which only costs 1/3rd as much as this.. Ouch
  8. K

Seriously, does Heavy Metal ever sound better on better speakers?

Mastodon - Crack the Skye Opeth - Ghost of Perdition Tool - Lateralus Intronaut - Habitual Levitations I could name a lot more off, but these are the ones off the top of my head that have a clear, detailed mix & lots of dynamic range. Usually when you get into the sub-genres of metal you...
  9. K

Seriously, does Heavy Metal ever sound better on better speakers?

I've always preferred progressive & jazz influenced metal on headphones, just because with a nice pair of cans you get that great critical listening aspect. Thrash & death metal is always fun to blast on whatever speakers with a tight, punchy low-end. Good meme right there.
  10. K

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yeah, unfortunately a LOT of gear doesn't match rated spec, and this site is here to simply be a discussion on audio engineering and to verify the design of products. Mind you, yeah if you're picking up something for cheap (phone dongle) who cares, you just want something that doesn't sound...
  11. K

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

To verify they have proper engineering and a well thought out design? Why would you want to pay for a DAC full of distortion products and noise from a poorly verified design when you can buy an objectively better performing device? (usually cheaper too!)
Top Bottom