Search results

1. Open Mind Audio

Hope on the Horizon for Old Ears

Okay, so the horizon may be years and years away, if we ever reach it at all, but maybe the millennials and Gen-Zers can keep their pristine ears for many more years to come: https://www.freethink.com/health/hair-cells
  2. Open Mind Audio

Could You Hack an AVR into a High-SINAD Preamp?

For the electronically inclined here (which I am not), I'm curious: Would it be possible to take a decent AVR and hack it in a way to create a multichannel preamp that would meet the high-SINAD expectations many of us have for critical audio listening? In other words, could you open up the box...
  3. Open Mind Audio

Does Anyone Measure SINAD of Active Speakers?

Curious about this since I have not seen it anywhere, but is it possible to measure the SNR, SINAD and THD of the various components of active speakers? A speaker like the KEF LS50 Wireless II has a DAC and 3 internal amps. I'd love to know how the DAC and amps measure, independent of the...
  4. Open Mind Audio

Help Understanding Roon DSP Volume vs. a DAC's Digital Velume

Could someone who knows explain something that remains a bit of a mystery to me after reading many interesting threads here on DSP Volume, digital volume, attenuation and noise floors? Does Roon's software-implemented DSP Volume function similarly to the digital volume in most modern, low-noise...
Top Bottom