Search results

1. P

7.1.4 setup, Genelec vs KEF

All other things being equal - I'd go for the Kef's all day! The Blades are a thing of beauty!
  2. P

Audio Note speakers

You might want to look over in the cable thread.....everything I've seen.....a cable is a cable:cool:. That's why I use off the shelf cables. The only reason I buy for say a 12 gauge power cable ....because of it's looks and I like big gauge cables on my power amps (and even then they're never...
  3. P

Audio Note speakers

Snell speakers as a brand died about 2010, Boston Acoustics died out on 2018....a lot of great brands have gone the way of the dodo bird.
  4. P

Audio Note speakers

The port on the AN-E is different from the port on the Snell II. The Snell III is a different animal than the Snell II and the Audio Note AN-E. Peter from Audio Note bought all of the Snell II cabinets when Peter Snell died. I owned the Snell E-II - the E-III is a slimmer design.
  5. P

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

After reading the post that you referenced...and when I read the persons subjective impression of the sound...I said he needs some Forte's or a pair of Cornwalls! But alas, there is no excuse for poor customer service (as I served as the customer service rep for a major rubber company at one...
  6. P

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Thanks for your comment - you just made me hold off on spending $945 for the flex HTx
  7. P

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

THIS!!!!!! :);):cool:
  8. P

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I'm thinking about purchasing one to serve as a possible replacement for the Whisper processor. I'd use this to EQ the woofers in the Whispers from 300hz down (as I'm bi-amping the speakers). Id get greater control as the newer Whispers used a Xilica processor. If I don't like it - it seems...
  9. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Truth! On a side note ... I bought my current speakers from the sales rep of Blue Jeans Cable.
  10. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I'm down if he starts one.
  11. P

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

Well, from the list of requirements - the OP's main concerns appear to be high sensitivity, high SPL, and extremely low distortion.
  12. P

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

If they're going behind a screen - I'd keep the center vertical.
  13. P

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

A If I'm not mistaken it wasn't Magico speakers, it was the Wilson Tune Tots.
  14. P

The frailty of Sighted Listening Tests

Wow!!!! I'm glad I found this link in the PS Audio speaker post. You've just articulated everything that goes on in my head! I'm also glad that you add your listening perceptions as well as your data. Bravo Zulu
  15. P

All of this right here - post of the year!!!
  16. P

Subjective objective...I love the way Erin did the review, listened subjectively first, and then did the measurements. Bravo Zulu!
  17. P

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I voted fine as it works as advertised and it's not fundamentally broken. The price is way up there, so I think the piggy bank - panther is more in line with this product. Even for one that likes the look of gear, this price is just too much!!!
  18. P

Why are you still buying expensive premium gears when cheap stuff does the same

I see your point, but there's also those who buy things like McIntosh or Accuphase on the used market, get a nice deal on it, and may come out ahead. The going rate for used Klipsch Cornwalls is a ridiculous $2500....but before covid, it was $800 to $1000. I've seen Heresy 1's sell for over...
Top Bottom