Search results

1. I

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

I'm using the Audeze Reveal EQ plugin and was wondering does anyone know whether a peak limiter has any degradation in sound quality with gain set at 0dB vs setting the gain to -3dB with peak limiter disabled? I can see there are settings such as threshold, knee, attack, release, ratio and...
  2. I

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Great. Thanks for trying with your current setup and reporting your results. I am using SE out but this probably doesn't make a difference. In hindsight I do agree that it is probably not the output voltage so I suspect my amp may be defective - I may need to purchase a different one to test or...
  3. I

Yes it does seem strange to me. I look forward to your testing as this may be due to a defective amp perhaps or some other factors. For example, the start of this song sounds very crackly and distorted:
  4. I

Yes I have tested all the buffer sizes (it was on 512 with safe mode on by default) however it did not make any difference. What did make a difference was changing the volume from 00dB to -04dB in which case I could not hear the distortion when doing the same test.
  5. I

This does seem to be to do with the X16 putting out more voltage at 0dB than the 0dB of the E30 as I found it caused clipping when I used it at 0dB volume. A quick way I tested this was to play the windows sound with my headphones plugged in - I tried with 3 pairs (LCD-X, PM3 and DT770 PRO) and...
  6. I

If you are using the same amp and using XLR on high gain (3) you should have clipping due to the design of the amp. Anything over 2.1V on high gain will cause clipping.
  7. I

I have just received the unit and connected it to the Monoprice THX 887 headphone amp using RCA and I can hear clearly clipping when using volume at 00dB on music with foobar output ASIO. I believe the RCA Output level is not 2Vrms and is in fact higher.
  8. I

Gustard DAC-X16 or SMSL SU-9

They are both transparent so will sound the same.
  9. I

Yes this was my concern regarding the spec sheet -it mentions that RCA output is 2Vrms at 00dB volume which is incorrect as it actually outputs 3.3Vrms at 00dB volume. This may cause clipping to those that do not know that it outputs 3.3Vrms instead of the 2Vrms as stated in the specs at 00dB...
  10. I

@gustard is there a reason why the analogue out specs state RCA output level is 2.0Vrms at 00dB Volume but in the review amirm puts the volume at -04dB volume to get 2.1Vrms? Why is the output level not 2Vrms at 00dB but 3.3Vrms instead? Is this the same with all production units? Analog output...
  11. I

Announcement: ASR Will Be Measuring Speakers!

@amirm not sure if you've heard of ATC Loudspeakers - I believe there is a dealer in the US maybe you could measure some such as ATC SCM20
  12. I

DX7 Pro + THX 887, Am I connecting things right?

Just connect your speakers to the pass RCA. The input button on the 887 switches between XLR and RCA input.
  13. I

[Android] Do mic and remote work through USB DAC ?

@Veri Did you end up purchasing the FiiO BTR5 and sending it to amirm? I wonder how it compares with the BTR3 (still no measurements here yet).
  14. I

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

How is the SINAD compared to using RCA inputs?
  15. I

Timed off = auto turn off after no signal after a few hours Bypass = do not turn off automatically
  16. I

One thing I found with the headphone output of the STX was that there was an audible noise floor when I plugged in my headphones (20 Ohm impedance) however when using the RCA output to the THX 887 it was much cleaner with no hiss/noise. I think the output of the STX may be comparable to the SU-8...
  17. I

@Celty I noticed you also have the same Source PC soundcard as me (Asus Essence STX) and buying a SU-8 DAC (I assume V2). I am currently using the STX with the THX 887 powering Audeze LCD-X - to be honest no complaints: very clean and powerful sound with no hiss/noise. So I was wondering if you...
Top Bottom