Search results

1. D

Sabaj D5 vs. SMSL M500 vs. Topping DX7 Pro: measurement comparison

Hi RickSanchez and MediumRare: Happy New Year. I was bed bound sick for 3 weeks during Xmas. Hence the late report of the Sabaj D5. I received promptly. Dunno how FedEx can just leave the package outside my front door and nothing got stolen so far. User's manual was next to non existent. 8 1/2 x...
  2. D

Yes indeed. It has a dedicated XLR input for 2 channel hifi. When I hooked up my previous dac magic, no sound. When I hook the same XLR to the power amp, really good sound. So I suspect either the sherbourn 2 channel XLR input don't work, or I have to push a button to activate it. Either way it...
  3. D

Thanx Rick. Sorry for the late reply. Totally preoccupied with work and other incidentals. I find it frustrating to wire my gear probably. One would think source (laptop tidal and lossless purchase) => DAC => pre/pro (sherbourn PT7030) => split to amp 1 and amp 2 where pre => amp 1 (spectrum...
  4. D

Bi-amping was my original intention. But for the life of me I couldn't get any sound out of it. Wrong wiring? Wrong channel? or faulty pre-amp? I will try bi-amping again. If nothing else, I can always separate into 2 systems again. So is it confirmed Sabaj D5 should not be used as a pre-amp...
  5. D

MediumRare Thanx for the kind input. Originally I mean to set up my system for duo capabilities, namely, HiFi and Movie Surround 2-in-1. (2-channel) Source -> Sherbourn PT 7030 (hifi) -> Spectrum Musician III power amp -> AG 3.5 reference (movie) Source -> Sherbourn PT 7030 -> spectrum amp for...
  6. D

Rick: Thank you for your kind input. I am 99% certain I am going to buy the Sabaj D5. When I bought my speakers, I was contemplating Oppo 105 or 205. Because of my inability to connect properly, I halted any further investment. Now, 205 is going thru the roof. MY Sweden supplier recommended...
  7. D

I just wrote a reply with questions. Now I can't find it. Can someone help this stupid low tech geek pls?
  8. D

Amir: Thank you for the testing/analysis. The last time I hooked up a stereo was old school gear back in the 70's. I am completely lost in today's high tech stereo world. A million questions, lets start with this. Speakers main - Anthony Gallo 3.5 Reference surround - Anthony Gallo Reference AV...
Top Bottom