Search results

1. J

Comparing amplifier THD+N in active speaker

How do you compare the performance of an amplifier section in an active speaker to a separate amplifier + a passive speaker? For example in the Genelec M040 review, we have these charts: I think these include distortion from both the built-in amplifier and the rest of the speaker. How...
  2. J

Topping Model Line Decoder?

Does anyone know how Topping model lines are organized? They have a ton of seemingly overlapping products, but maybe there is something I am just not familiar with. Looking at their website (https://www.tpdz.net/products), it seems the current product lines / designations are: 1/10, 3/30...
  3. J

Signal degradation in stack compared to integrated DAC/AMP? e.g.: Topping DX5 vs. E50/L50

Sorry for the odd title - I can't think of a good articulation of this question. I'm curious about the impact of cords and connectors between a DAC and a headphone amp on signal quality - specifically SINAD. I think what I am really wondering is if the cables cause more signal degradation...
  4. J

How to Evaluate Amp in DAC/Headphone Amp Review?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I can't seem to figure it out: In Amir's testing of DAC/Heaphone combo units, is there a way to compare the SNR of the headphone amp of those types of devices? For example, this chart appeared in a recent review of the Dx7 Pro: The RME ADI-2 is...
  5. J

How does Windows handle audio device sample rate and bit depth?

I am hoping someone can explain how Windows handles audio device sample rate and bit depth? Here is my situation: I have a TEAC NT-503 connected to my Windows PC via USB. I have installed the TEAC drivers (I thinks ASIO). TEAC provides their own playback software. When I use the TEAC...
Top Bottom