Search results

1. S

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

Thanks for the info. I don't understand why they leave "holes" like they did not learn anything from previous problems. I don't use subwoofers so i wouldn't use sub output but if on the speakers isn't absolute silence (even if I put my ear on the speaker) once I stop playback or press mute, that...
  2. S

The words about it are useful, so thanks for mentioning. I did look at it a few times but what actually pushes me to A2 is the EQ in SMSL and the design as well. I mentioned before that I own SMSL A8 (one of their first VMV) but A8 produces some high tone hissing sound at around 14 - 15 kHz...
  3. S

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The files they played were played in CD quality first and then in DSD. No conversion was done by myself as this was done on a hifi presentation. Back then they had a devialet and mcintosh amps (both were used sequentially but what I am talking is related to devialet)...
  4. S

If You want to say that I've discovered that high res makes no difference, You are wrong. :) Sorry. I listened to so much music on so many systems, compared a lot of them and yes, it makes difference. I simply discovered new things in some songs after listening in DSD. Hahahahahaha. A great one...
  5. S

Thanks for Your reply. I did watch the video. The guy showed analog signal being digitized and back to analog again. He used two oscilloscopes (and obsolete emagic converter :) ) to show that the analog 1 kHz sine wave signal wasn't distorted as well as all up to 20 kHz. I didn't use the...
  6. S

It is great that You know it.
  7. S

Here is one more example made with software audio editor Audacity which will make it more clear. It is similar to looking at 800x600 display resolution and 4K or higher. Listening high res files will for sure be noticable even if the amp does not play outside of 20Hz to 20 kHz. That was my point...
  8. S

SMSL SA400 Review (Power Amplifier)

Hello amirm. Thanks a lot for such a great and detailed review! Can You tell why it needs to be digitized? I am a bit confused since You mentioned ADC and sampling rates of 44.1 and 48kHz. Isn't the analog signal converted to PWM?
  9. S

Hello. The photo I showed isn't related to class D amplifiers (which are actually analog amplifiers. Calling it digital is just marketing. The amplification is analog). The photo shows how does a 20 kHz sine look like when I generate it in the sounfourge at different sampling rates. Thanks...
  10. S

Dear amirm, First of all, thank You very much for Your detailed review. I am an old user of SMSL products, I own SMSL A8 and DP3. Since I had some problem with A8 (it had a bad design that every A8 had a hissing sound when the silence is on the input), I searched for the reviews and I found...
  11. S

SMSL A8

Hello, My main problem is that I hear it 100 cm away from my ears. It's not that loud but I can hear it if the acoustic guitar is playing softly. Everything else You said is the same in my situation. Besides this, I do like the product.
  12. S

SMSL A8

Hi there.. It makes no sense putting the EMI filter on an amplifier that produces sounds by itself. I don't know friend, You can try and post here if You test it. Best Regards.
  13. S

SMSL A8

Glad You found a way to make it work properly. Watching movies sounds like that because the AMP was designed for uncompressed audio signals. Movies will certainly use dynamic compression. That's why some house music will sound bad on it... At least in my case. Did You make it to use ASIO?
  14. S

SMSL A8

Hello, I tried to find a description of that sound issue but I don't see it in this thread. If You need my help, I will assist via teamviewer. Or post the problem here... By the way... You must have their ASIO driver installed.
  15. S

SMSL A8

I suggest using JRiver. Without ASIO You will not be able to use full potential of the DAC. If You need help with settings, just tell me. The difference You are hearing may be the result of class D before the DAC and also may be the result of resampling if any in Your setup. I had this problem...
  16. S

SMSL A8

Hello friend! Thanks for sharing this! So I am not the only one. It's not only mine amp with this problem. I can confirm all this what You said about the sound but I also have to admit that their design is BAD. There should be nothing on the speakers when the input signal is silence even if I...
  17. S

SMSL A8

Oh, I am sorry to hear You have that issue. However, I am trying to be honest but don't know how to explain the sound by typing. Let's say that audiophiles would notice it. Especially if the seakers are more sensitive. I really like this amp and it would be a really great value for money if the...
  18. S

SMSL A8

Not sure I understand what You are telling. The sound cannot be heard while playing. I have to say that many people will not pay attention to that but, unfortunately I do like an audiophile. Let's see if the manufacturer will replace the board.
  19. S

SMSL A8

Hello again. I forgot to say that beside this, the amplifier gives great sound. I tested all inputs except phono. It has enough power to drive (a lot more than that) my wharfedale speakers. I really like the product but the problem described in my previous post is driving me crazy. Best Regards.
  20. S

SMSL A8

Hello friends, Well, I have a few words to say... I was brave enough to buy this device. It cost me about 580 EUR including shipping plus import tax duty costs so, TCO is about 760 EUR. In my opinion, 760 EUR is nothing for a such device if it is fully working like they said but it has several...
Top Bottom