Search results

1. ishouldbeking

Question on headroom & pre gain settings when using EQ

Hi there--longtime headphone nerd but only just getting into EQ. I picked up a Qudelix 5k to have a dedicated PEQ option across devices, and it's excellent. I'm now setting up a bunch of EQ profiles for my desktop monitors and various headphones, and I'm trying to figure out how to set the pre...
  2. ishouldbeking

Which USB out: laptop or dock USB jack?

After a recommendation on this site to consider using an Apple USB-C dongle as an external DAC (with a USB-C female to USB-A male adapter), I'm now curious if there's any reason to choose one USB output jack over another between the USB jacks on my thinkpad yoga vs the thinkpad onelink dock. I...
  3. ishouldbeking

Considering diving in: amp vs. amp/DAC question

(Apologies if this is a double-post; I borked the last one.) Hi all. Long time reader, first time caller. I've been dabbling with headphones for years without taking the plunge into dedicated headphone amps or DACs, but as I start to consider more power hungry cans, I'm thinking it might be...
  4. ishouldbeking

Considering diving in: amp vs amp/DAC question

Hi all. Long time reader, first time caller. I've been dabbling with headphones for years without taking the plunge into dedicated headphone amps or DACs, but as I start to consider more power hungry cans, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade my source. I'm familiar with the various brands...
Top Bottom