Search results

1. P

External DAC to prevent double-amping?

Thank you. Has it been confirmed that distortion and clipping do appear at max volume? How far below max volume must one be to avoid both?
  2. P

After some more research, I can ask a more precise question. Will the average person hear a difference in a ABX volume-matched comparison between the mac headphone jack output and a Topping D50s connected via USB, both run through a JDS Atom into 58X headphones?
  3. P

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Does anyone know when the revision of the Tone Board is coming out?
  4. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

This looks like an incredibly good deal. My only concern is that they're refurbished. I'm not sure how reliable refurbished headphones are.
  5. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

My research has turned up a lot of scary stories about their quality control, e.g. here: Otherwise I'd be quite tempted.
  6. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

I am not sure. Other planar magnetics are possible. I have no particular attachment to those. I'm just thinking about what else would be different in a new pair besides the FR.
  7. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

I suppose I should clarify that I'm going to EQ the new headphones to roughly the same frequency response curve I have the 58X set to. So I'd be looking for differences independent simply of FR. In this respect trying a planar magnetic set like the Verum One seems like an decent option.
  8. P

Hi, I listen to mainly rock and indie music (guitars, drums, bass, vocals). The source is Spotify (on high quality). I own a Sennheiser 58X and may upgrade soon (see companion thread in this forum). Yes, I am extremely skeptical. By all accounts the MacBook DAC is quite good. My guess is any...
  9. P

Thanks, I'll try this. If there's an improvement, I can get an "adult" amp. And if the sound gets worse, that proves DAC quality matters. Of course, it could be just worse enough than the built-in one that the improvement from making it external cancels it out, but hey, for $10 it's worth a shot.
  10. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

Two questions: Is the DT1990 really a "sidegrade"? And how much higher would I have to go for a clear improvement?
  11. P

I'm aware that's how the amp works. I'm wondering more about the possible advantage of using a DAC.
  12. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

I'm just curious what better headphones sound like.
  13. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

Thanks. I've heard the drivers on the Sundara are prone to breaking, so I'm a little wary of them. (There are many horror stories on reddit.) The Verum's look like a fun option, though.
  14. P

I'm playing music from my MacBook. I (will shortly) have a JDS Atom amp. It seems the only way I can get audio to the amp is to use the headphone jack, which passes through the computer's internal DAC and amp (there is no TOSLINK on this model). This leads to "double amping" from both the...
  15. P

Upgrade from a 58X?

I'm looking to buy open-back headphones that are clear upgrade from the 58X Jubilees. My budget is roughly $350, though I have some flexibility. This question was discussed a little, regarding the 6XX, in a previous thread...
Top Bottom