Search results

1. lex62lex

Suggestions for Intel Motherboard?

I really second this. The GPU that you got is not that great either and @mkawa has made a great case for his offer. Do you think a faster ssd could benefit your use case @amirm ? Im not sure what you are using but when you mention load times, the case could be made for a NVME drive.
  2. lex62lex

I would really not advise using those things. I don’t know how they find enough clearance to actually fit those thing on a motherboard or in a case, and the weight of those massive coolers could bend your motherboard and destroy it. I know I am biased but the reason I love noctua is because they...
  3. lex62lex

As mentioned above benchmarks can be really different. The real single thread test for me is always game benchmarks and the average fps. If you stick a massively overkill gpu in a system, the bottleneck is going to be the cpu in the application and how fast it can feed the gpu frames. This is...
  4. lex62lex

A top tier cooler may be overkill, but the zen 2 architecture is all about cooling if you want the best single thread performance. The cooler the chip is, the faster it will run. Overclocking is nearly impossible and cooling is everything. Good RAM and tight timings are the only thing that can...
  5. lex62lex

I love the fractal design series cases. The r6 is such a great case when it comes to basically doing everything right, the s2 is basically a r6 without the front cages to give better airflow/radiator space. The lian li o11 dynamic looks really good ( I am using one myself) but sadly doesn’t fit...
  6. lex62lex

Build quality really got a boost with X570. I just don’t love the idea of a chipset fan that guarantees a feature most don’t need. The AM4 socket is also only guaranteed to work up to zen 3 next year after which the step to DDR5 RAM is planned. There is that one passive option from Gigabyte but...
  7. lex62lex

If you get the noctua NH-D15, pretty much the best air cooler ever, i doubt you will ever hear it under normal workloads (not benchmarking). The thing is nearly dead silent in an open case, and with a case that actually helps sound performance not noticeable. The bigger problem is the GPU in...
  8. lex62lex

When it comes to single thread performance intel is still king. Overclocking is viable, relatively easy compared to the new ryzen chips and totally stable. If you dont mind the small performance drop and would like to go with ryzen, I would pick the 3800X over the 3700X as boost behaviour...
  9. lex62lex

Vendors really like to restrict you to their product lineup, as the header on the add in cards is the same 5 pin. More than 5 pins is unnecessary as there are only that many signals. The cable you get from Asus is just tossing most of the pins on their 9/10? pin header into the standard 5 pin on...
  10. lex62lex

The reason I would get an add in card over a fixed port on the motherboard is that you are stuck with the generation of thunderbolt controller that is on the board. Gigabyte has the titan ridge controller on their Designare board and people report issues with backwards compatibility where there...
  11. lex62lex

There are rumors going around that Intel is going to tap Samsungs 10nm fabs tu supplement their own meagre yields. AMD is unquestionably leading the race right now when it comes to innovation and I expect them to really gain market share in the next year. They are crowding in on Intels server...
  12. lex62lex

AMD is really pushing the BIOS updates after Der8auer published his survey video, showcasing that a small percentage of CPU‘s actually hit advertised clock speeds and most do not. I am getting the impression that this causes problem with OEM‘s, as they need to push the new AGESA update pretty...
  13. lex62lex

It says on the Gigabyte website that both boards have the necessary 5 pin header. The other thing with Thunderbolt 3 is that there are generations in the controllers and that they could be the issue with backwards compatibility. The best bet would be to get a board with a header and then test...
  14. lex62lex

I kind of finally created an account to give my two cents here, as I really enjoy the headache that is building a pc. Thunderbolt can be a bit of a nightmare and the Gigabyte z390 designare is wonderful in TB3 applications but is reported to not recognise any universal audio devices interfaces...
Top Bottom