Search results for query: dsd pop

1. DeepCuttaBeats

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

What is the pop noise? I have the SU-1. I haven’t heard any pops
  2. T

Do all su-1 dacs have the pop noise ? What about more expensive SMSL DACs ? Will more espensive SMSL DACs accepts dsd raw or only in dop mode like su-1 ?
  3. T

Hello, I used asio4all. Is there an asio driver from smsl ? My problems may be caused by the musicbee player but that would be annoying as it is simple and enjoyable to use. As said befor, the pop noise occurs only with DSD files.
  4. A

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Can confirm - no pops with Roon outputing dsd. Wonder what Roon does differently?
  5. M

And now, after installing 1.2, I am having major issues when playing DSD. Whenever I start or stop DSD, to play or advance to the next DSD track on a playlist, I get a loud pop through the system. Since I usually listen at DSD256 on HQPlayer, this is a problem that renders the DAC almost...
  6. A

I have the same issue with my okto8pro and multichannel dsd with convolution filters in hqp. Happens with an ultrarendu or computer straight into dac via usb. Also since latest firmware.
  7. pkane

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Thanks, Dennis, yes, well aware of your feeling re: DSD, I was fully expecting you to comment :) Native ASIO DSD is a strange beast, and from what I've found, very poorly documented, probably because it's proprietary, with almost no working examples on the web. (ChatGPT was very helpful -- not...
  8. D

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Unfortunately, yes. For instance, the same song downloaded to FLAC file from Tidal played back in Foobar, gives exactly the same crackles. I can also hear them, on this test: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php There is a pop/tick at the end of the voice informing about...
  9. Blumlein 88

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Sorry I've not been testing your recent releases. But loud pops, etc with DSD, just one more reason not to do DSD. Of course you know my feelings about DSD. While I've not done testing so much, I have used your latest releases and you have it so well developed kudos.
  10. Zek

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

A few questions for Topping E30 II Lite DAC owners: Are there any clicks at the beginning of the playlist or delays in playing the song? Are there clicks and pops when playback stops and then resumes? Are there clicks and pops when the audio files are of different resolutions (PCM or DSD)? Does...
  11. M

Thank you. I emailed Pavel a few days ago, before posting here, but haven't yet heard from him. When I read about the DSD issues on the previous page, I thought that Pavel was addressing issues that occurred only with Aurender products and popping that came up randomly throughout playback. My...
  12. Sokel

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

Yes,it would but: Not all amps have VC (most of the power amps don't) Not all amps have remote control. No pre-amp mode is needed in such case,DAC mode is the same. So,what good is DAC's pre-amp mode for?And why it's ok at 0db and may cause pops and stuff lower (other than DSD use and I'm not...
  13. Toku

I have installed SMSL's ASIO driver on my Windows 11 Pro PC, but I have not experienced any such symptoms with players such as Foober2000. After reading everyone's reports, it seems like pop noise occurs with some specific combinations.
  14. T

...as programmed remote functions) whenever power was lost to the unit (power cord disconnect, power outage, etc.). From what I gather, the DSD popping issue is a known issue for OKTO that is being worked on. Probably completely unrelated, but when I was putting together my IanCanada i2s...
  15. M

Per Pavel: Confirmed that the DSD issues are known and that there will be a firmware update. Also, the issues with settings indeed are my operator error. Apparently, I did not follow the optimal power off sequence. I think I have that working again for me now.
  16. R

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

Hi Most of those thing are software-related, in my opinion. More related to your streamer or PC software. Unless I miss something. The DAC doesn't go in sleeping mode after a few seconds.
  17. inscythe

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Thanks for this, just fixed my DSD playback on Windows on Foobar2000. Previously playing any DSD just gave out static noise. After the XMOS update to 1.3, the DSD plays, but there were quiet pops when seeking or changing track. With the MCU version 1.11, the pops are now gone too.
  18. pma

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Which output have you used, RCA or XLR, single-ended or balanced line? There is a common problem when connecting any DAC with internal PSU and class I design when connected to power amplifier that is also in class I, both devices having the signal ground connected to protective earth, PE. I have...
  19. S

Playing PCM to DSD Native with foobar2000

I don't see how this is a issue if you are upsampling to DSD anyway. I have no issue with my D300.
  20. B

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

I received my D300 today. Shipment from China to Slovakia took 15 days. I ordered it from hifi-express.com and I paid 328 EUR. I am listening already about 3 hours and I am pleased with the sound. I am interested only in direct DSD mode with HQPlayer. With suitable HQPlayer oversampling filters...
Top Bottom