Recent content by Zwuckel

1. Z

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

I got the K371 for Christmas. Fit is okay for my pupose as I keep them only at home for reference listening. nevertheless I´ll keep the Shure in mind for later purchases.
  2. Z

Yep. Did it with the crossfeed feauture of the Qudelix. Definitely a louder right. Thanks for the advice.
  3. Z

Hi, I got a pair for christmas and think I have channel imbalance. How can I check for sure? I still would have warranty. Subjective I trim the right channel with about -2.0 dB with my Qudelix. Is there any issue long term if I keep the pair as it is?
  4. Z

How to convert the EQ from Sonarworks SoundID to 10 Band PEQ?

Hi, I have some setting in the demo of SoundID. Sound ID compensates my headphones to the flat level and then my aproximated Harman curve. I bought the Quedlix 5k which has a 10 band PEQ. I tried to replicate the setting with no success. Sometimes the bands are cancelling each other out. E.g. I...
  5. Z

Searching for DAC with S/PDIF Out, Volume Control / Remote, BT optional

That is good news right? I think this is incredible for the price. I am somewhat in awe what a cheap device can do. The S/PDIF out was for future connection to Neumanns KH150. But I decided to slowly ramp up and first go with the Kali LP-6. Now I tried a SMSL C200 as my main controller (remote)...
  6. Z

@ahofer That´s good to hear. But since I am adding a DAC the Windows volume will mean nothing right? Or is it a case by case thing? @L5730 Sounds interesting!
  7. Z

So after some back and forth and researching and writing to Neumann, I think I figured it out. So one S/PDIF goes to speaker #1 and from there to #2. In addtition you put a network cable into your PC, put it into a switch and put it into both speakers. Then you can control the DSP AND Volume...
  8. Z

I just found the following information from user @L5730 in the Forum: So I am assuming the D10s will also have a hardware volume control which can be spoken to via software. Is there any downside to control the volume on the D10s which then goes into the DSP controlled Neumanns?
  9. Z

Hi there, in another thread I came to the decision that I want to get a pair Neumann KH150. Not today but maybe next year. Those speakershave analog and S/PDIF input. In my other thread it was recommended to go the digital route and somewhere here I read that the noise level is lower. Before I...
  10. Z

Analysis paralysis and genereal audio component confusion

@ozzy9832001 Thanks for the recommendation. I will look the moving mic method up. I´ve just seen that the D50s has only Coax in. I tried to look for a better measured device than the Motu, as the headphone amp is also not that great on that. Also tried to save a few Euros. :) The Motu doesn´t...
  11. Z

@Tom C If I use the DSP for negating room modes without treatment, doesn´t that mean I have no sound at those frequencies at all or at least at lower volume? @Waxx Thanks for the advice. Haven´t thought about it. After a bit of reasearch I think a good solution would be a Topping D50s paired...
  12. Z

I can hang up treatment no problem. I think room treatment is mandatory for every room. I did it with the RP600 setup as well with the LEDE concept and a lot of Rockwool. I liked the results. This time I am probably going for nicer looking absorbers according to the measurements of the MA-1 (or...
  13. Z

The KH150 with MA-1 seem to be a great contender. Maybe even better with the more direct sound. I´ll try to listen to them at Music Store, Cologne. As a preamp I thought of MOTU2. It would allow me to also have an okay headphone out and the possibility to add a headphone amp later on. But then...
  14. Z

@LTig That sounds great. A quality speaker I can tune to my liking. But until now I couldn´t figure out how to get an audio signal from my laptop (Headphone out only) into the speakers. Is it via the GLM tool or do I need an additional device or cable?
  15. Z

Thanks for your replys and advice! @Jimbob54 as @NTK correctly guessed I meant that you have to spend 5k to mmtch a HD600. Yes, I´m quoting in Euros. That might have been confusing. Today I don´t have a listening room. Maybe we move as soon as in 6 months. I enjoy music on my trusted Pioneer...
Top Bottom