Recent content by Zoomer

1. Zoomer

If there was a perfect and invisible audio system would you still enjoy this hobby?

Fascinating question. When I’m drooling over equipment or way down a rabbit hole, I can always hold up the lamp and tell myself it’s about music in the end. The hobby as a “worthy” outlet for the typically male lust for gear and stuff, because channelled into the enjoyment of the most immaterial...
  2. Zoomer

Beyond FLAC - AI big data compression?

The research paper is titled "Language Modeling Is Compression," and if I understand the Ars article correctly it explores the idea that "the ability to compress data effectively is akin to a form of general intelligence... So theoretically, if a machine can compress this data extremely well, it...
  3. Zoomer

inverting (both) speakers polarity : any audible difference ? any danger for speakers ?

In case you've missed that article on Polarity Sensitivity of Human Auditory Nerve Fibers ;).
  4. Zoomer

Cyrus PSX

No Frankenamp :eek: then. Thanks for the explanations.
  5. Zoomer

Cyrus PSX

Not sure what you mean by single ended vs balanced in regards to a power supply, but I have very little technical understanding of this stuff. Not a good fit as in suboptimal, or sparks and smoke? Does this apply to the OP's combo PSX-Purifi as well?
  6. Zoomer

Cyrus PSX

I have a PSX-R lying around and a unused TPA3255 amp, OP's question triggers me to try to pair them. The PSX-R has a 5-pin power connector, but I suspect it's a regular DIN 4-pin power connector like the PSX with an extra sensing pin. Would this work with something like this 4-Pin XLR Male to...
  7. Zoomer

Monitor Audio Platinum 3G

Yeah, instead it's page after page of childish bickering with barely a mention of said speakers. ASR at its worst.
  8. Zoomer

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

I just checked, You can order with delivery in Netherlands or Belgium.
  9. Zoomer

About to buy Nord class D - how to decide input buffer?

The reason these buffer choices are offered is to create higher profit-margin products, not better performing gear.
  10. Zoomer

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

True. My point was that the tech is (partly) licensed for Windows development already. There's more in the uBACCH now available for Windows thread, don't want to hijack this thread.
  11. Zoomer

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

I can understand that. What irks me is that the development of a fully functional Windows version has been excluded from the licensing deal with BACCHLabs. The only logic I can see in this is to protect their BACCH4Mac offering. So, it's not just not being able to serve the Windows market...
  12. Zoomer

Excellent CD Masters

+1 Esp. for Jazz you can find a lot of info on different (re)mastering engineers. Some are widely considered consistently excellent (i.e. Hoffman, Yoshida). Discogs lists the different issues, often including info on the (re)mastering engineer.
  13. Zoomer

uBACCH now available for Windows

I was told support intends to join the discussion here, but they're quite busy. That was almost 2 weeks ago, so I'll lift my self-imposed embargo and share the info I got from them. No news, but a confirmation of what we learned already. "...realistically we do not plan at this time to release...
  14. Zoomer

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Audiophonics has 20% off for NC400 amps (mono and stereo): https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifier/audiophonics-hpa-s400nc-power-amplifier-class-d-stereo-ncore-nc400-2x400w-4-ohm-p-14154.html...
  15. Zoomer

Meizu Mblu Lifeme Pro Portable DAC/Amp Review

Meizu Mblu Lifeme. Did they use AI to come up with that name?
Top Bottom