Recent content by zhgutov

1. Z

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

You set the volume below 50% here. In this case the device is working in stereo mode. It is working in mono mode if you set it above 50%. If you set the volume to 40-60%, the RIAA EQ will be used (DSP, newer units). There is some kind of description here...
  2. Z

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

They definitely are impacted by other gear.
  3. Z

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Best measuring DAC may be used as a signal generator to test other gear, or for testing some DSP. That's why I don't like the worse jitter performance of D90 III compared to D90SE. And that's why I don't like the D90SE working worse in 192K+ modes. Actually I found that by my ears checking the...
  4. Z

Personally I would prefer even more simple and direct approach. Something like each physical button = some setting. So I hope they will not follow the "Aurora" approach :) I don't think this is enhancement at all.
  5. Z

I recently found very strange behavior on D90SE when I play high frequency signal (10K+) in one channel. In this case I see a huge rise of the noise floor at 768 kHz (up to -50 dBFS!). Something very similar happens at 384 kHz, but it is much lower. This happens sometimes as a spike at 192 kHz...
  6. Z

Maybe you DSD ADC is just better than your PCM ADC? I cannot hear any difference when I pass some highres signal through my PCM ADC.
  7. Z

This does not mean it will work in 768K mode at least as good as in 16/44.1 mode, maybe even much worse. That's why I'm asking.
  8. Z

How good D90 III is at 192/384/768 kHz?
  9. Z

Topping D90SE Measurements (DAC)

UPD. The crosstalk at -127 dB for 30 kHz looks like some kind of signal cancellation. Probably my E1DA has very close crosstalk for 6.7V with the inverted phase relative to D90SE. And the crosstalk of 10V mode looks like the crosstalk of 4.5V mode. I checked this manually by loading one...
  10. Z

Another thing about the crosstalk of D90SE. This is crosstalk of D90SE with E1DA @ 4.5 V, 1.66 kOhm: This is crosstalk of D90SE with E1DA @ 6.7 V, 2.46 kOhm: The result is the sum of the signal and the noise at the corresponding frequency, so at 4.5 V the graph is slightly lower in the...
  11. Z

Are you speaking about the dB FS levels of the generated signals and the subsequent "normalizing" of the output levels? I think it's true. It has some options, but I don't think it is possible to adjust accurately in "automatic" mode to match more flexible devices and/or software. But RMAA is...
  12. Z

This is my D90SE measured with E1DA grade 0 in stereo mode. THD: IMD: Crosstalk: IMD swept: And something out of this world (custom test): Crosstalk for 96 kHz up to Fs/2 (some rise below 100 Hz is probably caused by DC offset of the E1DA):
  13. Z

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

V87L is measured at the same input sensitivity as D90SE, so the IMD graph should be ok. And this is THD for the digital vs analog volume measured at the same input sensitivity of E1DA: RMAA takes one channel for each measurement in the case of comparison. This is not perfectly accurate, but...
  14. Z

Topping A90D , SPL Phonitor XE, Topping A70 Pro upgrade ideas

Yep, I had side by side comparison of Topping A90D and Niimbus US 5 using Audeze LCD-3. Niimbus made unexpectedly good impression on me. It's like you listen to the same sound, everything is here, but so easily delivered. I can rest on it's sound. But this thing costs a lot :)
Top Bottom