Recent content by Zerohour

1. Z

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

"not intended for everyone" you can say that again nice review, I remember not liking this years ago (even before I got into audio) testing it in a Sony store. Pity cause I quite dig the look.
  2. Z

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

Thanks for the review! Glad the results are quite good, been waiting for a decent review ever since I saw these were announced! Finally a pair of decent speakers I can recommend (other than the Edifier 1700BTs) to friends who wants a no-fuss 2.0 speaker but doesn't want anything too expensive...
  3. Z

AKG K712 Pro Review (Headphone)

imagine buying a Hifiman stock cable voluntarily :)
  4. Z

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

No idea, I've tried so many "fix" (some suggested in this thread and some general driver/power-saving settings changes for Win10) and while they improved some things, the "popping in" when any audio starts never went away and since it is also present while using it with my Samsung phone...
  5. Z

I had some popping issue with certain sample rates (forgot which) but the pop-in whenever an audio starts/stop never went away (since its apparently a power-saving feature). My crude way of fixing it was having a constant audio file playing on the PC while using it (so its constantly on).
  6. Z

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/qudelix-5k-bluetooth-dac-headphone-amp.17386/ "So overall, I am happy to recommend the Qudelix 5K. Your search is over for a rich functionality and powerful portable headphone adapater." Amir likes it too.
  7. Z

are you for real? Meizu Hifi Pro has literally been measured here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/meizu-hifi-pro-usb-c-phone-dongle-dac-review.10423/ and DC03 by wolf: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurement-of-ibasso-dc-03/ plus, chip selection does not equal...
  8. Z

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

I'm hoping this does not become a trend with other Shanling products, really keen on trying out the Shanling UA2
  9. Z

Another one to add, sad to think this will probably won't get ever reviewed (amir got too much on his plate with headphone and speakers now), but I like the connectivity options: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001780457192.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.36163c00j88MXN&mp=1
  10. Z

Agreed, such a waste of a good product to be limited by such feature. I loved mine but ultimately changed to the Zishan U1 because I needed a bit more juice to run a Sundara and its supposedly the same chip series but only a DAC portion (CS43198). There's also no standby feature on the U1 so I...
  11. Z

KRK Classic 5 Review (Studio Monitor)

oof, sorry to hear, I appreciate your sacrifice in testing them for the rest of us interested to use them as near-fields desktop speakers
  12. Z

You misunderstand. The question was basically "does changing the volume on the dongle also changes the slider on windows/android?" which is no, it doesn't change them. Its a separate control. You can max out the windows volume and control volume with the dongle buttons or max out the dongle...
  13. Z

Khadas Tone2 Pro Review (DAC & Amp)

glad to see a manufacturer(?) reply! Was weirded out by the super low unbalanced power output, hopefully its just a defect/error on test unit. Also, what will be the difference between Pro/non-Pro unit, if you don't mind sharing.
  14. Z

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

wait, so this is actually better than the Classic 5 for not much less and have a built-in EQ? now that's a pleasant surprise. and no hiss too for near-field use, but seems like KRK is quite competent in this regards, Classic 5 also doesn't hiss (from what I've gathered asking around).
Top Bottom