Recent content by Zeno

1. Z

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Thanks for all the advice. I tried the technique Robbo99999 referred to, unfortunately it does not work for me.
  2. Z

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I received my Truthear Zero Reds yesterday. These are the first IEMs I have ever tried, and boy was I disappointed in finding out that my small ears do not play well with IEMs (or just with the Reds?). My experience trying them on was exactly like Amir's at first, when he said all the bass that...
  3. Z

Direct DAC-to-power amplifier connection ok?

Yes, I do plan to buy a DAC with XLR outputs. All the more so because I have now received my Audiophonics MPA-S250NC with XLR inputs and even though it works fine, I find I have to raise the volume way more than before to get a decent level of sound. I have tried both a simple chain: PC-->DAC...
  4. Z

@Blumlein 88: thank you, that’s an interesting solution. I also inquired with Audiophonics and they say there is no problem with using a pair of interconnects (btw, they were super responsive)
  5. Z

Thank you everybody, all these answers are very useful and appreciated. Point taken about the pitfalls of controlling the volume through the PC. I might buy an XLR DAC with a volume knob. If I may add another question: for now I have the Schiit modi3, which has RCA outputs. If I buy a power...
  6. Z

Hello to everyone, I am a former lurker and new member. Although I think I have learned a lot by reading posts in this forum, I have no technical background whatsoever, unfortunately, so please be patient if I ask silly questions. Here is one: I think I have read that a direct DAC-->power ampli...
Top Bottom