Recent content by zberkowitz

1. Z

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

@iFi audio Thanks for the breakdown! I have no doubts about the quality of the DAC portion of your product as opposed to a random cheap piece of gear from Amazon! But the interest of this thread and the review are more related to the digital output. Your product supports LDAC which I...
  2. Z

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

I recently picked up this BT receiver for $40 on Amazon just because I only needed digital out: https://www.amazon.com/1Mii-Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-Surround/dp/B07KTK8YP3 So far so good, what's weird is that I expected only aptx and aptx-ll support which what it claims to support in the...
  3. Z

Superlux HD668B Review (headphone)

I'm working on building something like this at the moment actually, albeit a more DIY approach than a commercial product at this point. It's currently in use in my setup and I hope to get it out there in the near future (source code and documentation). So, glad to see others agree that we need...
  4. Z

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

So, for example, it might be the style of front ventilation in the Clear that would cause it to be so "dynamic" and therefore prone to clipping?
  5. Z

Makes sense to me! And I wonder then if the idea of a headphone taking EQ well is really just referencing that it takes bass boost well!
  6. Z

That would be the EQ in Roon I believe
  7. Z

I have often heard that planar headphones "take EQ" well, I guess meaning that you can do things like boost the bass several dB and it will sound good without any mechanical distortion. Judging by the headphone reviews that @amirm has been posting here so far, this seems to be the case (LCD-X...
Top Bottom