Recent content by Zathras

1. Z

People who switched your library from MP3 to FLAC how did you go about doing it?

Yeah, it can add tags to FLAC files, but you need to set up the command line flags for it under "External Compression". I usually end up touching up the tags manually on everything I rip.
  2. Z

Stream or own?

I use streaming for newer music, but I still buy CDs for artists I really like because it supports them better. According to the RIAA, 1 album sale = 1500 streams.
  3. Z

People who switched your library from MP3 to FLAC how did you go about doing it?

By the time hard drives and SD cards had become large enough to make lossless music practical I had amassed a pretty large collection of MP3s (of varying quality). At some point I just decided to bite the bullet and re-rip all of my CDs to FLAC using EAC. I did a little at a time, and over the...
  4. Z

HQplayer - do I need it?

HQP Embedded is Linux only - WDM and ASIO are Windows, so would only apply to HQP desktop.
  5. Z

HQplayer - do I need it?

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the monthly subscription to play my own music, and no Amazon HD support.
  6. Z

HQplayer - do I need it?

Just my 2 cents, but I'm looking for a software solution where I can input all my music sources (local music files, streaming via Wiim mini) and use DSP / room correction on them. HQPlayer looks like a possible solution - I think there are probably quite a few users out there using it for that...
  7. Z

HQplayer - do I need it?

Sorry to reference an old post, but I'm trying to feed the Wiim Mini into HQPlayer (or CamillaDSP) in Linux, but everything I've tried seems to be limited to capturing SPDIF at a fixed samplerate. I'm curious how you are doing it @Music1969. I think the only way HQPlayer can take SPDIF as a...
Top Bottom