Recent content by Zardozz

1. Zardozz

Exclusive mode from web based players

I tried launching Chrome and Opera, both, with -exclusive-mode-audio in command line. And kept getting audio from other apps mixed in. FWIW. It's somewhat disappointing since motherearthradio.de sends 24/192 streams, but what good is that if Windows is resampling with all its hocus pocus?
  2. Zardozz

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Yes you're right, and exclusive mode is absolutely great when I want clean passthrough with no DSP or Equalizer APO. Even so, I'm not sure that CAudioLimiter is ever disabled. Maybe someone else knows. On the other hand, if I'm listening to old recordings where they do stuff like bass in one...
  3. Zardozz

Android or Windows as Tidal source - with EQ

Apologies for my wording mistake. I believe it to be the case that: 1. Tidal app does a FIRST unfold if "Passthrough MQA" setting is OFF, and no client/software unfolding if that setting is ON. 2. The DAC if MQA enabled would do further unfolding only if Exclusive Mode is on. So if you don't...
  4. Zardozz

Android or Windows as Tidal source - with EQ

That is correct, if you're in exclusive mode you will bypass Peace APO, and some other APO's like Windows Volume APO and maybe who knows what other slimy gollum APO's are hiding in the windows sound stack. Are you better off streaming from your phone because you can't use Exclusive mode? Only...
  5. Zardozz

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Sorry for jumping in 2 years after reading only the OP's first post. Looking forward to reading more of this thread later, so posting here will help me find it! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW. It's like a Schiit Decrapifier for Windows, all puns intended! I followed the advice (with a few...
  6. Zardozz

Can different CD *transports* sound different - when fed into the same DAC?

The more I think of it. You're right. "But you didn't use a rhodium cable insulated in material made from shaved unicorn horns." Can't argue with it. OK but the study would still be interesting for non-biased people. I mean there are literally audio engineers who make these transports really...
  7. Zardozz

Agreed on the "true believer" faith-based types not accepting it. But you can't ever convince them anything. For fame of the experiment, we're talking about the approximately 68.2% on the middle of the bell curve who are within one standard deviation of the extremists in the "debate", we're...
  8. Zardozz

HIFIMAN EF600 Desktop R2R DAC/Amp Headphone Stand

No one but you can make that decision. But I can tell you what I'd do in the same circumstance, I guess? Let's see, I just paid WAY more for the EF600 and it doesn't sound as good to me as the cheap Zen Dac. Hmm, the only reason I wouldn't ditch the EF600 right away is because how badly I want...
  9. Zardozz

HIFIMAN EF600 Desktop R2R DAC/Amp Headphone Stand

For the EF400 I had heard somewhere something about the DAC portion doing something out of phase. Not like 180 but somewhat slightly, I think it was Golden Sound who reported it. I don't know how true it is but nor do I know it's false. This has made me scared of all "Himalaya" and other DACs in...
  10. Zardozz

Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10

Thanks for your welcome. @FrantzM , I'm a bit confused over the flawed conclusion that what I wrote was attempting any kind of valid conclusion but then failed to do so from "flawed" methods. The context I respond to was @diamondpilot validly recounting his subjective experience: "but I...
  11. Zardozz

Hypothesis: Goldy-two-ears can hear magic things in the transport that normal people can't. Null hypothesis: BS! We can have subjectivists arguing about pink unicorns and whether virgos can hear better than scorpios, head to head with another crowd arguing from their best theoretic model of...
  12. Zardozz

Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10

I have FA-10. I had buyer's remorse and thought it clean, sterile, overly neutral, sharp, and somewhat unfocused. Desperate that maybe something was off, I even fiddled with cables and multimeters and AB testing different headphones and components in the chain. Something weird happened on...
  13. Zardozz

YouTuber claims to have passed blind test on different digital CD transports

The theory of why one DDC may sound different from another seems rather obvious, even though I really struggle to hear any difference. So as a proper scientist I consider neither the hypothesis nor the null hypothesis confirmed. Curious as to why everyone here considers it a dead-ringer that the...
  14. Zardozz

AMP + DAC for HifiMan Sundara

IFI Audio Zen Can Signature HFM + Sundara? :) You don't mention which DAC. The Zen Can will sound good. The value at that price is debatable. But the bass button is possibly wonderful. Depends who you are. That other guy thought you're stupid for even mentioning it. He's probably not aware that...
  15. Zardozz

Need to upgrade my HD559s, any recommendations?

Don't know about HD559 but I have the HD558 which I understand the only difference is some tweaks... People say HD559 gets a little more bass at the cost of muddying up the clarity. Contradictions in your question make giving advice harder. But I'm guessing you just want your next headphone...
Top Bottom