Recent content by zappa

1. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

:D :D :D
  2. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

So, I suppose, there is no issue with unplug and plug the mains cable ? (it will be healthy for the PS and Amp module to do that all the time) ?
  3. Z

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Regarding the lack of hardware volume buttons on S9, is that something significant ? The ones on S8 are (I suppose) a "software" volume control (inside the chip ?) doing anyway the loss of bits (dynamic range) if attenuate a lot (<--this is a question)
  4. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi, Could it be a problem for a normal user (HiFi) ? Or it's irrelevant because the signal we feed to the PURIFI modules is already "clean" (without any EMI or other hassles) ?
  5. Z

Purifi EVAL1 / Pregain, enable or disable?

I don't know if there are any risks of damage, but you would need a quite high signal to clip the amp, more than 14 Vrms (Purifi said). JimB said : With 8V (rms) output, you'll be slightly short of full output power into 8 ohms. To get full rated output, you'd want at least 9V capability.
  6. Z

Purifi EVAL1 / Pregain, enable or disable?

Just FYI, If you bypass the buffer, PURIFI recommend to use the balanced signal.
  7. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi, How will be required output in Vrms for into 6 ohms (and/or 4 ohms) ? Also, if one have the source's max output at 5.55Vrms (0.035 ohms) and it will ONLY be used to drive the tweeter, will it be enough to bypass the buffer ?
  8. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi, How the SMPS control the /AMPON (I mean what exactly it is doing) ? Thanks in advance ?
  9. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks to all, I will start with a Fast blow fuse and see later if it burns to often. Audiophonics offers the semi-slow fuses, I guess it's something in between ?
  10. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I am for the fuse question again. You recommend the Fast blow ones while HYPEX use the Slow blow ones, why ? it will not be a problem (fuses blows all the time ?)
  11. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks wineds. Main main voltage is 220-240VAC. It's weird that HYPEX, being in Europe (240VAC), use 12A slow blow fuse
  12. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

What fuse do you recommend ? (? 10A or 8A slow blow ?
  13. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

You are talking about the ones that are supplied with EVAL1 ?
  14. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks Andrew for your reply. No, my question was not specifically about the last 2 pages. I have seen that "problem" since the beginning, and I'm wondering why ? it's not solid enough ? it's too limiting the wire size ? ... ?
  15. Z

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi, What is the problem with the stock speaker connectors (the banana ones) of EVAL1 board ? Why everyone wants to change them ?
Top Bottom