Recent content by Zaiden

1. Z

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Question - I have ethernet and a Network Attached Storage as well as an unused M2 SATA 2TB drive. I guess I have 2 options here for music storage on the Eversolo A6. 1. Play from my NAS - 16TB total, would probably allocate 2TB (more if needed) of that HDD to music files. 2. Install M2 SATA...
  2. Z

It streams Apple Music bit perfectly by sideloading Apple Music from within the Android OS. Amazon Music HD had the same situation, where you could load it on the Eversolo, but this was resolved on the recent update. What this means is now I can control Amazon Music HD smoothly through the...
  3. Z

Does anyone know if Eversolo have any plans to make Apple Music native? Huge improvement for Amazon Music to go from sideloaded on Android web app, to native integration. Hoping to see the same with Apple Music.
  4. Z

Buchardt A10 Active Speakers

Problem is there's nowhere to go and audition Buchardt speakers. So for these speakers, reading online and watching YouTube videos are the best way to get an idea of things.
  5. Z

Buchardt A10 Active Speakers

Mark Audio did a review too:
  6. Z

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Based on the ones I've auditioned, I think the HD800S as is definitely requires EQ to bring out the best from its drivers as the stock tuning is just woeful. If you can go for an Element III, or an RME ADI-2, I don't see why not.
  7. Z

I'm not much of a parametric EQ kind of person, although I was itching to potentially try out an RME ADI 2 to see if I would like that. The parametric EQ update dropped at the perfect time for me to experiment. In relation to headphones, the difference is there but not very appreciable to me...
  8. Z

I want to set a specific DSP band for the RCA output, to deal with recessed male vocals. I was wondering if there was a way to go about achieving this with the Element III.
  9. Z

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

The way I'd describe it is that the top end of the treble shared a dispersion area similar to the upper end of the woofer, and the sound could get raspy at times like the treble/mid and upper bass were crunching a bit. Flipping the tweeter 180 degrees resolved that.
  10. Z

Okay, I flipped the reversed polarity tweeter upside down. Drilled new holes into the Dynaudio Emit M10 for the tweeter. Holy smokes. This is it. No more feeling bugged. Perfectly balanced frequency response, without this weird sense of the treble output being upside down. And it's retained...
  11. Z

Yeah I just flipped my speaker upside down. The tweeter now sounds more correct, if that even makes sense. I think I'll drill new holes to screw in the tweeter in a 180 degree orientation from its previous spot. The more open midrange/brighter sound is definitely welcome. But I was getting...
  12. Z

If the tweeter polarity is reversed, would the tweeter sound become 180 degrees out of phase/upside down? And if that's the case, should I switch around the tweeter orientation 180 degrees?
  13. Z

Been living with these speakers for a few days now. I must say, it's been a complete game changer for me. I was somewhat dissatisfied with the lower subbass register hump overriding the midrange. But after the change you recommended it does sound brighter/more detailed/opened up. I have no...
  14. Z

I made the change tonight. I didn't expect there to be any change, but the midrange has legitimately been brought out more. I still think I'll eventually want to move up from the Dynaudio Emit M10s. I think I still want some more vocal presence and less bass. So looking where DIY gets me on...
  15. Z

Hi generg, I am also looking to find modifications on the M10 that can establish greater mid-presence. Would you be able to direct me to a guide that can help explain how I can switch tweeter polarity? And do you think swapping the Bennic capacitor for Mundorf Supreme Evo Oil caps would also...
Top Bottom