Recent content by zack20cb

1. Z

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

Yup. All just part of its charm. I sometimes wish they had some soft-start circuitry on it, but I like my stuff simple, and the A800 is very simple.
  2. Z

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

I use the A800 in my office with a JDS Atom Amp+ and a pair of Polk ES20 speakers. It's a good configuration and comes in well under $1000. The only thing I would change is to replace the Atom Amp+ with one of the Topping headphone amps that have a physical switch to control headphone vs preamp...
  3. Z

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Hi, simple question: is there some sort of trick, or modification that I can do to avoid having to pull out the headphones to engage preamp mode? I hate to say it, as I’ve been very happy with my Atom Amp+, but Topping L30 V2 is tempting me with its physical switch for preamp/headphone selection.
  4. Z

Thanks AnalogSteph, this is helpful. I've considered making my own switchbox...I hadn't considered doing a six-pole switch with independent grounds for each channel, that's a great idea. Followup questions: 1. Does my current setup risk harming my hardware (or is it just suboptimal in terms of...
  5. Z

Hi all, thanks for all the great information. This is my first time posting, and I hope you'll forgive what might be an ignorant question. I've been very with my Atom Amp+. I've been gradually dialing in a desktop setup, switching my headset back and forth frequently between two computers, and...
Top Bottom