Recent content by Yuno

1. Y

Edifier R1280T Powered Speaker Review

There is no audible difference between 24bit 44.1kHz and anything above it. For that matter, 99% of the music you listen to is mastered at 44.1kHz so if you have your audio setup any higher than that you are just oversampling. Spending money on a dac for speakers this cheap is pretty much...
  2. Y

And 4x the hiss. I just could not tolerate using lsr305 in near field with the constant hissing no matter how well they sounded when music was covering amplifier hiss.
  3. Y

I checked edifier international page, they don't mention using DSP on their product page for this speaker, so probably not. They do mention it on their next model - r1600tiii as well as on r1700bt. Would be nice to get one of those two measured as well. For whatever reason, r1600 tiii doesn't...
  4. Y

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Stop obsessing about output power, unless you want to go deaf none of this matters. I run HD600 on device that outputs around 200mW@300Ohm, I have to apply -9dB filter (this means volume is cut in half 3 times) in order to have decently usable volume knob, and even then I don't even go past 50%...
  5. Y

No, there are passive components that can do that for cheaper. jds labs ol switcher for instance.
  6. Y

And better gain switch. And actual availability in Europe (pending). Side note: my current dac/amp outputs 200mW@300Ohm, the only thing I get from this is being unable to use most of volume pot. I would gladly cut it's power in half if I could.
  7. Y

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

I think what @Harmonie suggested is not about different technology but rather the design of power supply. Instead of making it wall wart you could make it into laptop style brick power supply with some connector, IEC for example, same as the one used in PC PSUs, that would allow people to source...
  8. Y

Topping L30 HeadAMP

This is really a matter of preference. I like black+red combination myself, what I don't like is the overall gloss of those devices. But at the same time I think it looks great taking price into consideration.
  9. Y

I don't really want to dig through A90 thread too much - if I understand correctly does this mean there is some range where turning knob doesn't actually turn the pot? Doesn't this make small adjustments to volume harder (or in some cases impossible) to do?
  10. Y

Is there any problem with using specific extender for connector? I would rather keep brick hidden under my desk and get an extension for whatever connector L30 uses. I probably already have cable like that somewhere anyways.
  11. Y

Yeah, that's way too short imo. For me about 2m is perfect. Take into account that not everyone just routes cables straight from power strip to their devices, in my case I route all my cables around the desk in attempt to manage my cables nicely. Typical desk height is 70cm, that leaves only...
  12. Y

What is the length of cable right now, out of curiosity? And connector dimensions while we are at it. Just want to know if I will need to procure extender cable.
  13. Y

Cool, I decided to be patient this time around and wait for EU distribution, but definitely waiting for impressions from early buyers.
  14. Y

Those components are not dacs and amps. As other people said, this is what equalizers or hardware DSP is for. So that you can change how your headphones/speakers sound like without blowing hard earned money each time you buy a new pair of headphones or have a change of mind in what you want your...
Top Bottom