Recent content by Yems

1. Y

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

There are new drivers and a firmware update available for the UltraLite-mk5. I can't find any information (other than 828 support) or changelog on what might have changed. Has anyone updated yet? Yems
  2. Y

Somewhere i have read that it's advantageous to 'remove' all unused channels in the camilladsp pipeline, because of otherwise wasting processing ressources. I've tried a lot but haven't been able to find a solution to disable those channels (violet in the attached image) in my Motu Ultralite Mk5...
  3. Y

thank you Michael! Yes, i use the SHD for volume control but i also reduced the Ultralite Mk5 to -20 dB otherwise i have to go to -40dB on the SHD wich i wanted to avoid. I'm still not sure if that's the best way to do it ...
  4. Y

digital vs. analog volume control my current setup uses minidsp SHD with dirac room eq / Motu UL Mk5 and camilladsp on a rpi4 for streaming qobuz and roon. For now i set the volume around -20dB on the SHD and also -20dB on the UL Mk5. I wonder if it would be beneficial to run the whole digital...
  5. Y

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

Hello audio friends, i wonder if there's a smart way to compare DAC's. I want to compare a Motu Ultralite-mk5 and an Okto DAC8PRO. A comparison by earphones left me without noticeable difference. A comparison via speakers is so hard to judge because it takes 1-2 minutes to change my setup...
  6. Y

I finally got my Okto dac 8 Pro to replace my Motu UL-mk5. The attached image shows my plan to insert it in my audio chain. I use the SHD for final Dirac room correction, everything else (xo / filters etc.) is done with camilla dsp. What's your opinion, is there a smarter way to connect in...
  7. Y

Thank you Geert, this sounds very promising. I think that's gonna be my solution.
  8. Y

Thank you, that's very helpful. My hope was, that there's a solution without the need to open the case (...want to avoid to renew the thermal paste). I have no programming skills but i think there could be a 'code only' based solution where a time or event based action initiates the shutdown...
  9. Y

It would be great if someone could post an example of a shutdown script ... i am absolutely inexperienced with that. Finally pulling the plug after a regular OS shutdown would be acceptable for me.
  10. Y

a shutdown script, that sounds good. Maybe there's a possibility without using the GPIO pins? Maybe something like: shutdown after 180 minutes or shutdown after xx minutes processor load below 5% (just examples)
  11. Y

I wonder if there's a convenient way to shutdown the Raspberry Pi after a listening session? I don't want to just pull the plug - so i always have to boot my PC only for shutting down the Raspberry Pi securely. Any suggestions?
  12. Y

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

dear dualazmak at first i have to say that i'm overwhelmed by your kindness sharing all this! Thank you very much! I appreciate your scientific approach your knowledge and your perfectionist mindset. That's exactly the way i'd like to go. I'm 'infected' by the 'high quality audio virus' since...
  13. Y

Hello dualazmak, i appreciate your work very much, thank you for your excellent and detailed explanations! I want to do the same tests with my speaker-setup. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the actual sine waves so that i can estimate their duration and shape, since i don't...
  14. Y

Hi Michael, here's a Layout of my planned setup. In my opinion there are 2 main questions resulting from that: - in this setup the UL Mk5 USB port is needed for it's use as measuring interface, but also as connection for the RPi 4 - is Dirac-live applicable to mains and subs?
Top Bottom