Recent content by y845133y

1. Y

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I check the AKM4497's datasheet. The same power (VREF analog power) is recommended to put a 2200uf (Electrolytic Capacitor).
  2. Y

I simulated the headphone circuit is normal work as below. Output waveform: When the diode (DL2) is broken. :mad: The output waveform is Negative. :facepalm:
  3. Y

If the DX3-Pro circuit is same as Heres's an example of an extremely similar circuit. Maybe the diode was broken which is for controlling to turn off the BJT.
  4. Y

I got the TI simulation tool for TPS54331 and set it as below. * Input voltage: 15v , Output voltage: 10v , Output current: 0.5amp The L1 is 47uH same as DX3-PRO. The Input and output capacitors is Panasonic 100uF/25v aluminum cap (ESR: 300mohm:facepalm:). The output ripple is 41.5mV. Check...
  5. Y

The TPS54331 provides 5v to DAC and XU208. If the DX3 pro is connected to PC by USB. The power consumption is 188.45mA which is above 160mA. But the +/-10v is for op amp and headphone amp, the loading is changed by the input waveform. I can't make sure it works in ECO mode or CCM mode. 1...
  6. Y

The 15v input to dual buck circuits can output two 10v. Then first 10v's negtive electrode (-) connects to second 10v's positive electrode (+) as below. The second 10v provides the -10v.
  7. Y

I add a lot of capacitors on the DX3-Pro. But only two solutions which I can hear some difference then before. 1. DAC's Mclk oscillator power: The sound has more detail. 2. DAC's reference power, Analog Power (5v) and Analog Power (3.3v) : The DAC's output is stronger and provides more low...
  8. Y

I found some location can be added the capacitors for improving the sound. If you have more capacitor, you can try it. 1. DAC's Mclk oscillator power: 2. DAC's reference power, Analog Power (5v) and Analog Power (3.3v)
  9. Y

The capacitor equivalent circuit is as below. The cap has lower ESR, the signal loss in the cap will be lower. If the ESR=0, it will more like an ideal capacitor.
  10. Y

I changed the DX3-PRO's output capacitors to KO-CAP 150uf. The low frequency has improvement. Using the KEMET SIM tool for checking KO-CAP 150u and Tantalum CAP 33u as below. We can get lower impedance and ESR from 100Hz to 100kHz. If the AK4493's output doesn't have noise which is from 20kHz to...
  11. Y

Today, My DX3-pro's headphone port has some noise and the output sound is abnormal. I check the headphone connector's ground pin is a bad connection on the PCB ground. I re-solder all of the ground pin. Then it can work normal now.
Top Bottom