Recent content by Xyrium

1. Xyrium

Marantz PM-90 Review (Vintage Amplifier)

Oh my, that is one amazing beast! Very nice sir!
  2. Xyrium

Marantz PM-90 Review (Vintage Amplifier)

Wow, I love this thing. Of course, @restorer-john posts the listing for the 95 and man....I mean....man....great stuff. Of course, I love Accuphase slightly more, especially with a nice big pair of meters on the front, but apples to oranges in price.
  3. Xyrium

Douk VU2 Review (VU Meter/Input Selector)

Damn, what a disappointment. I love meters. I remember when I bought the Oppo HA-1 just to get the display on that thing. RME, are you listening? ;)
  4. Xyrium

SMSL SU-8s Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Indeed, I was going to blindly reply "don't fear the hump" but you beat me to it! ;) Nice work SMSL, let's do it consistently and Topping will have to watch their back.
  5. Xyrium

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

Plenty of sheep out there to join 'em. Most folks don't want to comprehend the technical complexity of sound. The sheer number of factors which are discussed in a simple speaker review here, is enough to frighten most of those sheep away. So, they do what they know best, hide behind the veil of...
  6. Xyrium

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

So many deserved wows in this thread...this thing has to be the darling of the amp market right now. I may have missed it, and need to go back and read, but, metal chassis? Edit: ok alu chassis, plexiglass front? I like it, reminds me of an old guitar amp that I adore.
  7. Xyrium

Teac S-300HR Review (Speaker)

Ugh, my tinnitus flared up just looking at the response charts.
  8. Xyrium

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

In room? Looks reasonable to me!
  9. Xyrium

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

You can find the speaker reviews in the associated forum, but I would think the Elac DBR line is potentially better. Only you can decide what your preferences are, however. Ie: Ruler flat response but high distortion, excellent vertical dispersion but directivity errors...
  10. Xyrium

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Another good showing by Genelec. I have the 8030c's which seem to measure flatter and have better directivity, albeit slight. It really makes for an easy listening, yet detailed experience, but truly provides an excellent platform to eq. Good stuff!
  11. Xyrium

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Very neat little box. Might work well in my guitar rig. Thanks!
  12. Xyrium

Barefoot Footprint 01 Review (Studio Monitor)

Hi, welcome aboard.. The search function works for me. What problem are you facing with it? Also, can you edit your post and delete the quoted content? Thanks!
  13. Xyrium

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

Sounds like another test is imminent...what type of sine wave are these low cost "true sine" UPSs providing? Just sayin'...:)
  14. Xyrium

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

With all due respect, a decent $100 PC power supply is more impressive. :cool:
Top Bottom