Recent content by Worth Davis

1. W

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Winning and losing in the court of US law is very different than the cost and annoyance of dealing with it. I just spent $600k to defend a 90k$ lawsuit that the idiot wouldn’t drop or settle. Pyrrhic victory. Took 3 years before it even saw a judge. Thanks for stooping down and dealing with...
  2. W

Three very different amps. Which to choose?

Go with the purifi amp. Might want a nice sub with your savings with a big room. If you just want to shit on your friends with how much you spent look at DCS, Wilson, Magiko, Daugistino, and other boutique brands.
  3. W

8 Channel amp: Buckeye vs VTV vs Monoprice

Have three buckeyes now, all perfect with quick answers to any questions, I’ll buy more for other rooms over time
  4. W

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Why the ”room” has such a massive impact on sound ranking order of investment, ie speakers and room > amp > dac > cables etc
  5. W

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I have some Sonos, it’s fine for background music. They sounded a lot better than rando monitors and speakers I had laying around. my wife can work them without opening a ticket with me…
  6. W

Amplifier for Focal Kanta Nº2

See you should be able to prove this statement with a calibrated mic. Swap the amp, level set, run sweeps. I can absolutely prove that placement and toe in have a repeatable effect with this method. I have not been able to replicate this with cables or amplifiers. people who do this tend to...
  7. W

Amplifier for Focal Kanta Nº2

This thread looks old, but I would recommend changing your placement and seating around before worrying about an amp or cables being a "match for speakers". The difference a few feet or toe in can make is profound and measurable. Not enough bass? move towards wall or corner Too shrill? toe out...
  8. W

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

Bravo, excellent audio question to test and validate
  9. W

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

Just wanted to throw Buckeyeamps a cookie, I have 3 amps and everything has been fast, personal, and professional with tech and discussions. I’m sure this will be handled the same. I got caught up in the purifi issue and I had the replacement parts in a week. Try getting that service from a...
  10. W

Integrated Amplifier Comparison: $90 vs $9000

Do you have another amp a little further up the price curve you can test? Like a crown XLS or a basic emotiva/parasound/ati Great data
  11. W

Standby and in-use efficiency/heat of OSD/Outlaw/Emotiva 7-channel AB/H amps compared to Class D

Also your marantz might be just as hot with the internal amp off, fair warning
  12. W

Standby and in-use efficiency/heat of OSD/Outlaw/Emotiva 7-channel AB/H amps compared to Class D

Purifi and crown are room cold, my class A and AB are not. If heat is driving your decision it’s pretty obvious to go D or the like
  13. W

Roon - Non existing support

While their support is crap, it does work well enough, try a clean install on a fresh OS
  14. W

Hypex DIY Preamplifier Kit Review

Without any dsp to integrate them will be terrible in most situations
Top Bottom