Recent content by withoutsuit

1. W

I measured 10 subwoofers.

or simply he wants to build a DBA or multiple subs configuration
  2. W

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

what do you say to the content of this video? https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/any-fans-of-the-tda-1541-usb-to-rca-dacs.49606/post-1955331
  3. W

Any fans of the TDA 1541 USB to RCA DACs?

This German Youtuber has recently uploaded a video, stating that old DACs from the 80s sound better then current ESS Sabre and AKM Dacs ("90 % of modern DACs sound crap"). When I get it right, he pinpoints that to: - modern analog output stages / OP-Amps - Oversampling of delta sigma dacs...
  4. W

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

I'm wondering if a line driver (for example this one https://www.abacus-electronics.de/produkte/linetreiber-variable.html) would improve the standard rca. According to the (science based) manufacturer, with that in place, the quality of the rca cable is irrelevant.
  5. W

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

Thank you for this test. Just played it via low end system (smartphone with 3,5mm jack + rca in-ear headphones). It was so evident, that I liked file 1 more. Have to do some ABX test at home later, but right now, I listened several times both files and always had much more fun with the first and...
  6. W

ELAC VELA BS 403 review by Erin's Audio Corner

There a two Versions: with JET 5 and the new Version with JET 6. That´s why the "old" BS 403 and BS 404 are that cheap. They just empty their storage.
  7. W

MiniDSP Flex HTx

SHD has: 96khz instead 48khz sample rate Built in power supply for stereo use, I would choose the SHD
  8. W

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

Its not that hard. Once konfigured the LSX, I measured the delay including the transmitter and time aligned them mit REW. Timing is therefore great.
  9. W

Like everybody does via distance?
  10. W

I use them as wireless rear, with separate wireless adapters using the aux in. They are really great as rears!
  11. W

KEF LSX II

There is no analog in (aux), which may be a problem for someone.
  12. W

Room EQ and subwoofer management hardware: Anti-Mode X2 by DSPEAKER

I have X2 and X2D. The latter one, together with good dac, is dead silent. The X2 with analog outputs adds some little noise. I offered Amir both models for testing (including a small sourround preamp, but unfortunaley, he didn't respond.
  13. W

ATC speakers / Monitors

... oh wow. you refer to modal behaviour, but that's not the only in room issue. there are reflections, cancellations/sbir, and not only direct waves. hopefully frequency windowing was turned on at this measurement, but i doubt it. even then, thats not a measurement to judge about the speaker...
  14. W

ATC speakers / Monitors

Are you serious? How can someone judge over a speaker based on inroom-measurements, especially above bass frequencies
Top Bottom