Recent content by wireburn

1. W

WTB: MiniDSP balanced

The old 2x4 balanced. Prefer boxed, but open to the kit. Thanks for looking! Mike
  2. W

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I don't have any measurements of old vs new regarding heat but I did get one of the AC infinity kits with two 120mm fans, around $25 delivered. Cheap insurance
  3. W

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I was actually quite disappointed that my new Integra 3.4 will not pass HDMI while in standby AT ALL. My 11 year old 50.2 would, however.
  4. W

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

Well, I'm no expert, but my method was to set the meter to VAC and probe the open end of an RCA cable.
  5. W

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I haven't measured the main channels, but the sub out on my old Integra 50.2 reached 11.2V RMS on my Fluke. I think the confusion stems from the spec sheet listing the tested voltage (usually 200mV) which is not the max voltage.
  6. W

Dirac in the 2021 Onkyo AVRs

I was able to get one of the first Integra 3.4 from AV Science preorder. So far the only complaints I have are that there are no level control sliders on the volume calibration page in the PC software. The Dirac support team claims this is an issue with the way the AVR is reporting the max/min...
  7. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

That's funny. No 'unrational' fears here. I like to solder as much as the next solderdude. I used to program and operate wire EDM many years ago. Name stuck when the internet came around. I'm glad you're not trolling me. Seems to be one (or more) in every thread in every forum these days.
  8. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

Nothing per se, but if you read my OP I'm going for a continuous digital chain. I won't be goaded into an argument if that's what you're after.
  9. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

No problem here. You guys take it where you want. I'm enjoying the ride :cool:
  10. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

Thank you all for opening my eyes to this tech. I had no idea similar notions are already in the consumer market! I'm especially interested in the low power design (dnote) as I have always wanted to build a digital input battery powered speaker system.
  11. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

Just the fact that they are carrying an analog signal in this case.
  12. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

Ha, too slow. Thanks to all who replied!
  13. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

Thank you for the link. Decent read! From that article: "Class D amplifiers take on many different forms, some can have digital inputs and some can have analog inputs." Maybe I'm not actually "on to something". Where are these digital input class D amps?
  14. W

Do We Really Need a DAC?

In this age of digital everything at the source and digital amps at the endpoint, do we really need a DAC? I'm no newbie to audio and electronics, having completed many successful projects, amps, pre-amps, speakers, python, arduino, etc. and it seems to me that there would be a way to...
Top Bottom