Recent content by WillBrink

1. WillBrink

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

I was just surprised, happy, and impressed they got as thumbs up from Erin. It's not uncommon for a brand to have a "house sound" which may not always measure flat. Some will like it, some will not. Erin's review put those speakers on the list of worth listening to some time for me.
  2. WillBrink

Why "High end" exist?

That's where the discussion of diminishing returns kicks in, which may be sharp and easy find (e.g., speaker wire), or more gradual like speakers. At some point you're buying 1" face plates, provenance, resale values, bragging rights, etc, which is fine too. I'll take the Rolex over the Timex...
  3. WillBrink

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

My bad, my brain was thinking on the power side end and it confused my pointed head. I was thinking some voodoo happening at the house wiring level or something. My Anthem STR integrated as balanced input, none of my other gear (CD player, streamer, etc ) does however.
  4. WillBrink

"Mains noise was variable depending on how I grounded it." I'm curious about that. What options does one have there and how to approach it?
  5. WillBrink

Such as that's made in US with 5 year warranty and similar/better test data? I'm making a list for if/when I make upgrades to system. Thanx.
  6. WillBrink

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

I use Anthem STR integrated in my 2.1 system and I will never live without room correction and DSP again. However, I have no experience with the others so can't make comparisons.
  7. WillBrink

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Obviously, hence the title and the focus and why I come here.
  8. WillBrink

Many (most?) audiophiles are anti science without even knowing it.
  9. WillBrink

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I am thinking same. $ for value should be it's own metric perhaps. What would compete with it for that $? I'm looking to do a desktop/office system, and that's perfect and $ fair. I just ordered one.
  10. WillBrink

When you factor in the price and the looks, seems it must be on any short list if it's in line with a small bookshelf goals. I too would be interested in the larger version and or the ribbon tweeter version.
  11. WillBrink

Why "High end" exist?

And maybe they don't sell, and or, they only need to sell a few units per year to stay in biz, and or, other possible variables to it.
  12. WillBrink

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Very unlikely he was not alerted by someone. Regardless, everyone who measures the speaker seems to find it lacking. He should have done what others do and either ignore it, fix it, or claim it's intentional.
  13. WillBrink

MiniDSP with a separate DAC and Preamp

Did that unit just get tested here recently or am I thinking of another? I'd like to go active speakers + that unit + streamer some day.
  14. WillBrink

Audiophile Heaven With Only Two Components

If that's not an attempt at humor, you came to the wrong forum... :facepalm: Anyway, streamlining and downsizing can be accomplished in todays tech easily. A pair of good actives and a phone as the source can sound excellent I found.
  15. WillBrink

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

That's my point, and he even modifies the speaker, which I'd think any speaker designer would get much more offended over. I can't imagine Tekton was not aware of that. Amir review was mild in comparison. Erin's was not even negative really, but tested a different model. GR pretty much straight...
Top Bottom