Recent content by Whitecanhifi

1. W

Douk VU3 VU Meter Review (Updated Version)

This degrades the sound of speakers and amplifiers? So basically, you’re telling us that since this is in his testing sound system, all of Cheap Audioman’s reviews are worthless.
  2. W

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

It should go without saying, but you ‘poll’ for members is purely a confirmation bias and wholly undermines the foundations of all these reviews.
  3. W

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

I rotate the speakers. 1TD-X is the most regular in my system, and I might sell the KLH (I just don't like floor standers). I find that the Bluesound Node is a great addition to this amp (and allows for adding a subwoofer, B&W DB4S).
  4. W

I sold the IO soon after this ASR review… and then rebought it a few weeks ago. It is a heck of a good amp. Quick, slightly warm tone. But beware if you use a 4-ohm speaker at high volumes. It will get hot (but I have never had the io shut off with its safety trigger). But with 8-ohm speakers...
  5. W

Yes. I still have it and I’m also fortunate to have the new Technics Su-g700m2. And by comparison, the Rega is a great little amp that needs a subwoofer. And doesn’t hold the clarity like the technics. But it is also almost 2k less. I have never heard the ‘hum’ that others have stated. If I...
  6. W

I measured the IO while playing the Wharfedale 12.2 speakers at 100db. Using approximately 16 wpc at this level for over two hours, the Rega IO never got above 33.6 C. Speaker performance was excellent with inaudible distortion. Again, the IO performs as advertised. And as advertised, the Rega...
  7. W

Ultimately, for $600, the Rega IO is a very good amp when driving 8 ohm neutral/warm speakers. Good when powering 6 ohm. And questionably hot and Inapproriately responsive to power 4 ohm or less. Use it for 8 ohm and 6 ohm, and you have a good amp. Use it for 4 ohm, and it’s long term...
  8. W

But 4 ohm speakers tend to live a higher percentage of their time at 4 ohm. An amp like the Rega IO doesn’t handle a speaker like that well.
  9. W

You assume incorrectly. Your lack of thoroughness is astounding.
  10. W

I was simply answering your questions on where you should start in finding such a speaker. Other speakers were listed. But in my experience, the speakers that sounded best were Wharfedale 12.2 WD 225 Polk R200 Klipsch Forte IV Sounded bad? Elac ub5 (above 90db) Dynaudio Evoke 10 But that’s...
  11. W

For starters, how about put it on with the Rega Kyte. The speaker that was built precisely for this amplifier. I ran this amp with the Wharfedale 12.2 and the 600m. The heat wasn’t an issue with those speakers. Run it with the Elac UB5 and Polk L200? It got to the heat levels you describe...
Top Bottom