Recent content by Whatsthephuss

1. W

New mysterious Genelec monitors

very cool. I did not think that the coaxial in the throat would go that low. Nice design
  2. W

Hopefully they have a low pass filter on the midrange below 300hz…
  3. W

Those 5” midrange are not close enough to each other (1/4 wavelength), so if they are playing 500hz and above (even with a 500hz crossover they still play higher frequencies) then there will be comb filtering.
  4. W

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

All this back and forth would cease to exist if @amirm would test both ways. But alas, it’s points of contention that drive forums. If we all agreed and solved all of the worlds problems there wouldn’t be much to talk about now would there…
  5. W

Hi amirm, thanks for the response and again thank you for conducting all of these informative tests. To say that setting the bandwidth lower is “wrong,” is an opinion. Just like whether or not an amp is “good” or “bad.” That leads me to ask, wrong for what purpose? You’ve stated that the...
  6. W

Hi John, thanks for your input. I agree with your point of using wider bandwidth as a more scientific method of measuring THD figures, but someone using class d in commercial sound (with low pass filters) will want data that is more accurate to spec. Doing a 22kHz bandwidth measurement will...
  7. W

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ve corrected the graph but the numbers are the same. Pretty fascinating that extending the bandwidth beyond the useful hearing range can add so much distortion noise! But as someone who looks for data that is useful in real world applications I’m still left...
  8. W

This seems to make the most practical sense to me, since I see no point in extending the bandwidth into areas known to cause issues. Why not 200khz?
  9. W

Thanks for the info! What stood out to me while comparing the Nilai’s 22khz bandwidth graph with the 45khz bandwidth graph, and maybe you can help explain this, but why does THD+N in “Low Gain” mode with 45khz bandwidth get about 5db worse over the entire measured level? Ex. At 1W 22khz...
  10. W

Hi Shadders, thanks for the helpful clarification! I’m still left wondering a few things… was the AHB2 measured with a 45khz bandwidth? It’s unlabeled… Edit: just saw AHB2 has both channels depicted in the graph Just my personal opinion here, but using a 45khz bandwidth for class d amps known...
  11. W

Hi amirm, thanks for all the work put into making this review and your other reviews. I wanted to point out a couple of things that stood out to me after trying to make some comparisons to the Benchmark AHB2: 1) The two (lower) charts for displaying power vs distortion over bandwidth are not...
Top Bottom