Recent content by WeBuild4Life

1. W

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I bought the A90D along with the HD800s just as an "end game" system. Was super happy with it until the a90d broke so... I am enjoying the Jotunheim 2. If it measures worse, I can't hear it (Amir reviewed it favorably though!). It may somehow have less higher detail but I never A/B'd it so it...
  2. W

Well they wanted me to RMA it to China. I am not doing that. I was able to have Amazon do a restocking fee return and I'll get the difference covered by my CC. An amazon reviewer reported the exact same issue after 3 months (I too have had this for 3 months.) So my guess is this is going to...
  3. W

Just stopping in - my A90D bought in January, updated firmware, has static in ALL right outputs whether a source input is connected, and is present in different electrical outlets. Just started an hour ago. Muting removes, but setting volume to 0 does not and the static does not get louder or...
  4. W

DIY Floor Speaker - Help Me Choose a Stereo Amp

Ended up buying the AUDIOPHONICS LPA-S400ET Class D . Thank you everyone. Hope to enjoy it soon!
  5. W

So this Audiophonics is great. I did like the Nord stuff but was too expensive to me for those class D modules (nearly $900 more bc of conversion). Looks like Audiophonics packages the same stuff in a more conservative chassis for a much lower price! Measurements are great too, and my friend...
  6. W

I have gratefully talked with everyone over on the DIY forum and I think this is going to come down to a matter of live and learn. I am partial to the topping as of this moment, but that may change in the AM! haha. Just wish we had parasound measurements. Actually, I did find them here but I...
  7. W

Hi Jim, it really is a hard thing to answer. My biggest complaint with most setups I've heard (like at today's expo) was that the mid range was muddy, as was the bass, and that the timber of instruments didn't sound all there. There was a haze over most of these systems, like it wasn't fully...
  8. W

Hi All, I will start by saying I've read every review regarding Stereo Amps on ASR and I think I am having a bit of choice paralysis. It may be a bit of chasing the wrong stats as well. Here is my Criteria: 1. Either a stereo unit, or two mono that can drive 250-400watts a channel. 2. Around...
  9. W

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Yes! I am trying to keep the overhead needed. I do believe you need a lot of power for headroom for transients in music. I don't plan to play them that loud. Edit: that reads weird. Basically even if I am playing 90db at 1watt, I still want 6 octaves of head room, which is still only 64watts...
  10. W

Truthfully, I am learning how to read those reports so I didn't fully get it. I wonder if some Nord Acoustic amps may be a better fit. Just trying to find that 300-400w per channel sweet spot. Thanks!
  11. W

When we are talking hiss though, is this audible beyond 3feet? I know my QSC amp has hiss at a few feet, but I listen to that several feet away and hear nothing. Other than that, overall quality should be okay on both? I think LA90 is great if I didn't need the extra power overhead.. Tough...
  12. W

In mono, are you saying the Vidar 2 has a bit less noise comparatively then when driven in stereo? I forgot about the hiss - how do you check that when looking at statistics? I don't think Amirim has measured the 2, but the 1 got good marks and the 2 is just "better" overall I think...
  13. W

Just popping in this thread to see if there is any reason not to buy this amp. I am building the Eslinore Towers and they are VERY efficient - 92db or so almost the full range. They do have high peak RMS at around 350watts, but I can't imagine I ever use that much. I am between MONOing the...
  14. W

Florida International Audio Expo 2023

Saw Geshelli today. Fun room, I do like their amps if I was in that $200 range. Felt to me about the same as Schiit in quality though (not bad, but nothing world class)
  15. W

Florida International Audio Expo 2023

This is my first audio event, and the people up above have summed the show better than I can. I will keep it short. The below is only for speaker rooms. Everyone headphone room was awesome and inviting. Learned a lot and I do not regret my decision to go with the A90D/D90LE and HD800s combo. In...
Top Bottom