Recent content by watchmania

1. watchmania

Do you need linear power supply for DACs?

I almost misread it as connecting them in parallel, which may not be a good idea... but looks doing it in series is a smart way to get quality 10V PSU :)
  2. watchmania

Thanks.. with nothing to back me up -- means that psu was a waste of money and efficiency (50C hot transformer!) :D
  3. watchmania

1. RCA interconnects? something better than the right, with at least 0.6 ohm resistance, most with gold plated connectors are of better quality on both connector and cable parts. Or just solder myself with some spare canares I have. I have cable with locking RCA connectors but that will be the...
  4. watchmania

It's a custom linear power supply from a local audio store. Actually I'm still A/B-ing between the LPS and the iPad charger, listening to the first few seconds of the song. As much as I wanted to use the iPad charger, I'm pretty sure I'm hearing very obvious extra resonance/tail on the cello...
  5. watchmania

Thanks! Indeed it looked like a much more modern software! That's true. I didn't said all DAC sounded the same though, and I'm always curious on which "part" they made the differences. Perhaps my next quest will be recording those different DACs.. but I imagine it will be more difficult as the...
  6. watchmania

So I just created an account here to post my findings. Being new to how linear PSUs as they said, could improve sounds, I ordered a custom LM317-based linear PSU along with Topping D50s, to replace my DacMagic Plus which "I think" sounds pretty harsh for my new speaker setup. However, the...
Top Bottom