Recent content by War Penguin

1. War Penguin

Finally arrived - Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp

WOW thanks for sharing, it looks awesome. My a30 pro looks a little dwarfed sitting on top of the x16, good to know the a90 is a more aesthetically pleasing option if I go balanced down the road.
  2. War Penguin

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Thanks for mentioning your findings, it's really helpful to all other a30 pro users!
  3. War Penguin

I keep mine on top when stacking though that's with a different dac but same principal to ventilation applies. It runs pretty cool when driving 150 ohm headphones gets slightly warmer when driving my 32 ohm iems and can get a bit toasty when driving a 600ohm headphone load.
  4. War Penguin

Yep even driving AKG K141 600Ohm headphones through the RCA input is still plenty to get it loud. Balanced in gives a nice boost in case you have some incredibly difficult to drive headphones and need a touch more volume. Can't speak for the balanced out as I don't have any balanced cables on...
  5. War Penguin

Just got my topping a30 pro + e30. Initial impressions are good, don't hear any coil whine. Even at high gain with the ground switch on lift and the volume pot at 100% I hear no noise out of the blon bl03 and a very slight hiss from cca 16. Plenty of power to drive HD700 driving the volume at 12...
  6. War Penguin

Roon endpoint with HDMI output

You can use any android box https://medium.com/@malindrap/turning-an-android-box-corelec-into-a-roon-endpoint-d8c074e4c21a
  7. War Penguin

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

Thanks for posting that comparison, fyi to anyone looking to use the oratory curve boosting the sub-bass region like that causes significant amounts of distortion on these headphones very quickly as you begin to increase the volume.
  8. War Penguin

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review (headphone)

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us your measurements. I agree with everything said in this review there is definitely very noticeable and audible distortion when turning up the volume. Powered by the headphone amp inside the creative Soundblaster X G6 the unit just...
Top Bottom