Recent content by Volutrik

1. V

Genelec Aural ID vs Slate VSX (or other options)

If you are willing to go through the process in the name of science, you can use Mesh2HRTF to generate your SOFA. You just need an iPhone to perform the scanning of your head and ears, preferrably X, XS, XR, 11 or 12, as those have the best Face ID sensors, and some time to do the mesh...
  2. V

Quick edit: I use the Philips SHP9500. According to this page (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Impulcifer/wiki/Measurements#speakers-and-headphones), "fast and well resolving headphones are recommended although any decent pair of around ear headphones can create illusion of listening to...
  3. V

Yes, and they don't even come close to what Virtuoso does. After trying Sienna, I wasn't sure to why people were always bragging about it... Realphones was a bit better, but I preferred Waves NX and then DearVR Monitor. Virtuoso has a 7 or 14 day trial, you'll see what I'm talking about! You...
  4. V

Hey there! Yes! I did the Mesh2HRTF process and it generated my own HRTF, which I can then use with APL Virtuoso (a binauralizer plugin that supports SOFA files - basically your HRTF). Now there's another new plugin called Noisemakers Binauralizer Studio, which also supports SOFA files, but I...
  5. V

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

What is the application of the Harman 2018 OE + Crinacle ears target? Is it literally just a mix of the Harman target and Crinacle's HRTF? Would be nice if there were descriptions of the application of each target
  6. V

Genelec Personalised Listening : something new coming up

Hey! How did it go? Did you get the HRTF?
  7. V

Yes. People generally find the original Harman In-Ear target too shouty, like it has too much 3kHz. AutoEq In-Ear is just an adaptation of that
  8. V

Actually, the 5128 Diffuse Field target is not following the slope from the Harman headphone target itself, but rather the slope found in the speakers research (the one that later on led to the headphones research), where they came to the conclusion that flat measuring speakers in a free field...
  9. V

Unfortunately, yes. In this video at 02:06 you can get a pretty good explanation to why that is. It's pretty interesting! That's why I told you earlier on to use measurements done with the B&K 5128 rig, because they're the most advanced nowadays (they include the ear cannal's changes in...
  10. V

Actually, I do have the CSV file. I extracted it from Side Salad's squig.link page. Note that using GRAS measurements with the Sonarworks target curve isn't going to work, you need the raw measurements done with their own gear, because every rig have their own impact in frequency response...
  11. V

I don't know if this was what you meant, but then you can compare the equalizations from both Harman target and Sonarworks, to see what the differences are. It's not like it's going to make a difference, but it's cool from a experimental point of view
  12. V

Ideal target curve for virtual speaker/room emulations

I mean, it's not totally a gimmick because you can in fact emulate yourself listening to speakers through headphones with the use of your HRTF. There is Impulcifier and Smyth A16 that does this really, really well, for example. But they're just not 100% there because of the headphone's impact in...
  13. V

I guess acbarn's take is the best solution for now. Listen to Harman and Sonarworks and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with/think that gives you the best analytic feel. But first adjust Harman so that it has a good amount of bass.
  14. V

Would be cool if it was possible to simulate how those measurements would be if your own ears were used, instead of the dummy head's ones. I think this is possible by gathering the dummy's Ear Related Transfer Function and "merging" with your own ERTF. Then, doing this with the 5128 rig would...
  15. V

Yeah! I agree. But the Sonarworks target always sounded grainy/rispid to me, like you can clearly hear the equalization impact in frequencies above 3kHz. It's like there's a veil between you and the sound, if that even makes sense. I wonder if you all feel the same!
Top Bottom