Recent content by volteon

1. V

WiiM Ultra

The 3,5“ display is a yolk. How are you supposed to see anything meaningful sitting 2-4m away from the device?
  2. V

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

Uhm…is this supposed to be an early april fools joke?
  3. V

WiiM Amp discussion

The review was kinda strange to me. Usually he looks on the bright sight of products, if there is something negative to say it gets balanced out favorably with following positive aspects. This time the other way around: lots of nitpicking and „but“ arguments, pretty much any known issue got...
  4. V

Is REL being more 'musical' than SVS a myth, or is there some real science behind this?

From my understanding, its just a marketing buzzword which is supposed to sound cool (aka no definition for a straight up comparison). Since SVS is mentioned in the thread title, it looks like they are into the magic sauce as well. Meanwhile at the showroom: „Sir, I am looking for a...
  5. V

Q Acoustics 5040 floorstanding speaker review by Erin

No way I could‘ve done better: ✓ 5040‘s ✓ Powernode N330 ✓ HT/1003 MKII Jokes byside, but that were my first steps into audio world with a better-than-soundbar + WAF approach in mind. Swapped the N330 with a TDAI 1120 in the meantime, which helped a lot. I do own a white pair, in case of...
  6. V

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

I did not like the result of the LFE connection too (subjectively too thick and „muddy“ while playing around with a Powernode). If I remember correctly, there was an article or video by Rel, that the LFE port has a fixed 120Hz filter. I am currently happy with Out 1 (Lyngdorf, white port) to...
  7. V

What I really like about the 1120 (besides Room Perfect) is the possibility to set a Voicing for each output as a standard. Therefore no need to adjust the Sub all the time. If someone is interested, my Voicing setup is as follows: Spotify - Soft Radio - Bass (some stations sound a little thin)...
  8. V

Do you use the wirless kit too, or why was there an issue? I am using a wired HT 1003 MK2 without an issue, just manually dialed the output down by -3db.
  9. V

Recommended All-in-one system

Hello folks, I am currently looking for an all-in-one system including speakers as a gift. Use case would be playing rock music (sometimes louder) from CD or DVD with optional picture to TV in a 20 square meter room. Requirements would be: - budget roughly 700 € - all in one incl. speakers...
  10. V

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Is there a budget friendly One-box solution to get the KH 150 into home cinema as a 2.1 setup with TV? Pretty much like the Wiim Amp, but they are already active speakers. Must haves of the component: - knob volume control - streaming services (Spotify Connect, Tidal) - HDMI port Much appreciated.
  11. V

WiiM Amp discussion

I‘m getting some product of the year vibes here, can‘t wait for first measurements. Slab some used Elacs on it and you got a convenient and capable system in the three digit range. Perfect for Newbies. Will have a closer look at the Wiim Ultra next year.
  12. V

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

It might be around 4k, above that new ones are a better deal imho. Used market definately feels the heat right now. I was kinda surprised, how many cables were needed for this wireless solution (considering the sub, which would be necessary for home theatre).
  13. V

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Might be a global discount for authorized dealers, the local shop sells them for 5k now. Since used ones were sold around 4.7k I wonder what will happen to these offers.
Top Bottom