Recent content by vlad335

1. vlad335

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Yeah, I'm 58 years old and I can't hear 11.5k playing a test tone. My wife can. She can hear up to 14k (she's 52) Probably why I love my Klipsch speakers. Haha!
  2. vlad335

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

Received a pair of Hifiman 6se refurbs for $470 today and they are outstanding. $509 on the website and $39 discount with a coupon code. https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he6se-v2-refurbished.html They need a bit of power and EQ but with both they are the best I have ever heard. I think...
  3. vlad335

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

The 6se were sitting on my porch today. (that was fast) Grabbed the balanced cable I bought off Amazon for $23 and hooked these up to my Qudelix 5K. Thought I wouldn't get much volume, but a nice listenable level is achieved. Playing with some EQ presets on the 5K and out of the box, this is...
  4. vlad335

Oh man, should have read the thread beforehand. Wonder if I am going to get one of these units? $470 shipped is an incredible price...
  5. vlad335

Well, I couldnt help myself... Bought the HE6SE refurbished from Hifiman store for $470 with coupon. I was looking for used ones on Ebay and this deal smokes everything on that site. Love my HE400S and HE560v4 so hopefully this takes it up a notch. Ah, this retails for $1800 so hopefully a...
  6. vlad335

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Amir said high frequency accentuation. IE: the amp was running out of gas
  7. vlad335

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

No doubt RW sent instructions out to his flying monkeys to set up another "interview" on YouTube.
  8. vlad335

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

This "review" of the M-Scaler came up on my feed and it is astounding. Not the performance but the trickery that's employed. The reviewer plays tracks and changes settings on the M Scaler then immediately switches off the music and then talks about how great the change was. I have a pretty good...
  9. vlad335

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Reading the comments to the video I see there is no hope for some of these people. My favorite fanboy comment, ( i cannot find it, must have been deleted) said something to the effect of "measurements are dangerous and should only be done by those that are qualified." Oh my...
  10. vlad335

Upgrade to Adam A5X

Not a chance finding a shop t listen to various monitors. Why Im asking advice here. ;)
  11. vlad335

Upgrade to Adam A5X

Thanks for the reply. I had the Adam T series before this which are great but i thought the A5X was better. No mixing, just listen to music at my computer. After reading this forum I am now intrigued by the Neumann KH-80 or 120 currently. Since i have a sub with high-pass I wonder if the KH-80...
  12. vlad335

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

So it is very possible to spend a boatload of money on the upgrade and end up with a horrible speaker? A modification to a speaker that measures pretty well to begin with. Man...
  13. vlad335

Upgrade to Adam A5X

I have these for a time and can't say I dislike them. However, got the upgrade bug and want to try something new and wondering what monitor would be an good upgrade. For not too much money if possible... I have an ADI-2 DAC feeding a PreSonus Temblor T10 sub with high pass going into the A5X's...
  14. vlad335

How to integrate Sub with Adam A7x

I have a pair of A5X i use as computer monitors and first bought a Sb-1000 sub ( not the pro model) Sounds really good but not great IMO. Bass was a little underwhelming but personally I like to feel it in my chest. I have an ADI-2 DAC and wanted to use XLR cables through out plus beef up the...
Top Bottom