Recent content by Vince2

1. V

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I belief we don't need to reinvent the wheel. Creating an organization that established best practices for it's members and finding a liability insurance coverage for the members would be a good start. The liability insurance would provide initial legal consult.
  2. V

video concerts - am I the only one?

I probably have 50+ dvd concerts and whereas I rarely watch a movie more then once, these concerts are a main stay and whenever there is nothing on the tube or I just want to read, I play a concert. Seeing the energy among musicians, their happiness and joy it's priceless and adds a whole new...
  3. V

Denon 3200avr and Bluesound Node X

I think that using the digital connection may be another way to connect with allegedly better quality. May only get a partial mqa conversion this way.
  4. V

Live versus mastered recording

Well, after relistening to some more recordings, the advantage of streaming music, I am even more convinced about the importance of the recording. Also, the spl really matters! Especially for such an epic piece. In my previous comparison, I did not listen to equal spl. Now, I do appreciate the...
  5. V

Mahler: the symphonies Leonard Bernstein
  6. V

I was fortunate to be able to attend a live concert of Mahler second symphony yesterday. It was spectacular, and I had to admit that I had never been able to hear such an impactful performance through my respectable home audio system. I was fine with that, gave me a good reason to deal with the...
  7. V

Most cost effective upgrade route?

Begin with improving your source. Subscribe to a good music streaming service, and work your way up, knowing that your weakest link will need to most attention.
  8. V

The Case Against OLED

I just went through an extensive search for a display for editing of photos and video. As I'm specializing in hdr I wanted the Samsung OLED s90b to work out. As I'm showing a lot of static art, I just could not deal with the burn in risk. After the update reduced the hdr intensity, I returned it...
  9. V

Why aren’t concert films more popular?

Well, I love seeing the performance as it adds a new dimension to the senses especially when the performer is engaged. The joke gets old quickly when you hear it for the tenth time. Putting on a concert while reading something is a reliable way to have an enjoyable evening. Have high regard for...
  10. V

Renovating Thiel CS3.5 Speakers

Yes those are currently the recommended replacement drivers. The cs3. 5 are rated as 4 ohm, but they stay above 5 ohm over the entire range and are easy on the amp to drive. You need the bass eq for best performance if you don't use other eq methods. These speakers produce enough dB for regular...
  11. V

Renovating Thiel CS3.5 Speakers

If you look at the dats measurements in the earlier posts, you will see the resistance/frequency measurements of the original drivers. Don't know where to begin in clearing up your confusion. Are you familiar with the design goals of the Thiel speakers? Not that I'm an expert, but tweaking the...
  12. V

Why is it so hard to purchase a Hypex or Purify amp in USA?

Did you check out the hypex fusion plate amps?
  13. V

Please help with setting up digital Cross over using PC

An approach that I have not seen mentioned much, is to have no cross over filters at all. Just shape each driver independently with peq's or other filters using rew and incorporate the natural fall off of a driver with the intended curve. Set the gain for each channel so that there is a smooth...
  14. V

KEF 104 possible upgrades?

When I started to hear a rattle and distortion, I replaced the mid range drivers but then did not listen to them for several years. When I tried to set up a multi channel system, I got them out again and noticed a lack of high range. Could not find any substitute tweeters and then discovered...
  15. V

KEF 104 possible upgrades?

I have the same pair. Mine definitely needed some restoration to sound anywhere close to what they are capable of. Although they were a reference standard for a long time, now it is more sentimental reasons to listen to them and reconnect with listening to my first cd's on a Philips player in...
Top Bottom