Recent content by Vigovsky

1. Vigovsky

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Good test and performance, @amirm. I like coaxial acoustic systems with good sound coherence. Some of my coaxial Dual Concentric Tannoy. These DC Tannoys have been updated and improved. TANNOY 615 Peak Power channel = 300W FR: +/-3dB = 41hz - 30kHz Sensitivity (2,83V 1m) = 92dB...
  2. Vigovsky

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

At level = 0dBFS the distortion level will be higher.
  3. Vigovsky

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Amirm: Level = 0 dBrA Decibels relative to reference level (dBr) dBrA is an internal unit instruments Dan: Level ≈ - 6dBFS dBFS refers to the definition in the AES17 (amplitude of a sine wave)
  4. Vigovsky

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Ukraine. My new studio for Art & Audio was created according to my project.
  5. Vigovsky

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Ukraine. Kyiv. Photos by Ruslan Vigovsky.
  6. Vigovsky

Op Amp Rolling

https://www.ti.com/document-viewer/OPA1642/datasheet
  7. Vigovsky

Op Amp Rolling

An example of replacing a pair of dual operational amplifiers JFET OPA 1642 (SMD, SOIC) instead of JFET OPA 2134 (SMD, SOIC) in the output stage of one balanced DAC. I recently made a replacement. Measurements taken from the XLR output. The result: the output stage with the 1642 has 1.6 dB...
  8. Vigovsky

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

Amplitude and period cannot be redundant. There is no frequency, phase and wave without amplitude and period. Amplitude - phase - frequency - period are interdependent quantities. These are basic things. There is no electric wave without amplitude. A wave is determined by the amplitude of the...
  9. Vigovsky

In addition to magnitude, phase, frequency there are: Amplitude, Period...
  10. Vigovsky

Just a few words... Must be used in these circuits - SMD C0G(NP0) This is, of course, well known.
  11. Vigovsky

A few words just about the quality of electrolytic capacitors, which I used in various circuits. For many years I have been using NICHICON, NIPPON-CHEMICON, ELNA a lot, ELNA Cerafine, Silmic II in small-signal circuits. All these capasitors are very reliable and stable. Attached: ELNA Cerafine...
  12. Vigovsky

This is a very old RIFA and bad technology. This is an old famous story. I've never used this. - I use new industrial polypropylene film RIFA/KEMET PHE 426 only. There are no problems here.
  13. Vigovsky

For decades I have been actively using European Slit Foil electrolytes manufactured in UK factories and now in KEMET (Portugal - New ALC10S ) Aerovox/BHC/RIFA/KEMET in linear power supplies. Some capacitors are over 25 years old and their capacitance's, ESL, ESR have remained virtually...
  14. Vigovsky

0.47 µF (630V) (....3%-4.9%) This corresponds to a difference in capacity of only: 0.023µF - 0.014µF = 0.009µF :) 0.00...low ESR is more important.
  15. Vigovsky

Yes, it makes sense for selection of each capacitor and establishing symmetry. The datasheet is not always sufficient for new capacitors in real-life situations.
Top Bottom