Recent content by VietnamRadioEnjoyer

1. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

It seems my ears are not made for IEMs, as I have sealing issues with every single IEM I've tried - any advice?

try ellipse/oval ear-tips. I have absolutely no idea why most IEM tips are circle. Apple & Bose got it perfect but the rest of IEM manufacturers are yet to have a look at an actual human ear deep insertion tips & custom tips are your other options
  2. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

they used an off-ear headphone in the test which still interacts with the pinna so to get individual flat you need an in-ear mic. that is why I recommended IEMs the way I understand it is that harman adds the ear-gain because listening to stereo speakers our ears expect that. but with binaural...
  3. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

based on this paper by Meta, you need a flat FR (at eardrum) for binaural. so your best bet is an IEM EQ'd flat (after bass region)
  4. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

Edifier MR4 + Presonus Sub 8BT vs. bigger speakers

another option for you: kali lp-unf designed to be used on a desk, front firing ports for more placement freedom, built in DAC and usb input so if you don't want to record you can skip the interface
  5. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

why are tactile transducers ignored here?

Sony's PS5 controller "Dual Sense" uses haptics instead of vibrators common in other controllers. the idea is to transfer the feeling. like walking through mud and sand in a game should have a different feel to them. there are even open-source software that send the music signal to them instead...
  6. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

so all the claims about using them for music production & monitoring is nonsense? subpac even advertises it for that purpose and has a list of music producers that they claim use subpac
  7. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

basically the title. stuff like subpac, woojer vest, bass-shakers are not talked about in this forum as much. Is there some kind of inherent flaw to the technology or are they ignored because of their gimmicky nature?
  8. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

ROFLMAO The part about why they are disappointed at Truthear zero REDs has me dying: Just for context, here is their impressions of RED from hearing them at canjam where they didn't know what price exactly its gonna be sold at. it starts at 6:52. Suggested watching with "Entry of the...
  9. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

'Transient Response' Some people think music has infinite details & different drivers reproduce different amounts of that detail & headphone manufacturers do research & every generation they manage to extract more of these details so they have to increase the price by 2000$ Why don't these...
  10. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

bUT HOw arE tHe tEChNiCaliTiEs?
  11. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Avoid sony products like plague
  12. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

What frequencies can you FEEL?

It is known that you can feel bass in your body, But sometimes when listening to high pitched sounds, I feel some vibrations on my skin. Is it just a psycho-acoustic effect or are there actual vibrations happening?
Top Bottom