Recent content by Velocipede_Acoustics

1. V

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Seriously. It can't be that much more expensive to get EQ into these DACs. Bonus points if they can make it an HTML app that the DAC serves up on it's USB interface so we'll never need anything more than a web browser to configure. Someone start a business with me.
  2. V

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Look at how much gain that amp has. That's probably why. Low sensitivity at 8ohms is going to require aot of voltage...
  3. V

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Indeed. Amir quoted THX for amp gain and I used THX headroom recommendation which I think is reasonable. I think the most common scenario for amplifiers is that they run out of current before they run out of voltage. I think this may be what Amir is ultimatly getting at. That and the input can...
  4. V

How does speaker sensitivity not matter? I don't understand is why the speaker sensitivity would not matter in combination with the amplifier's gain when I have a target SPL. I think I lack an understanding of these relationships.
  5. V

Thanks for the detailed reply. Do you think 25db is enough for low sensitivity speakers? Let's assume 84db/2.83v bookshelf speakers at 2 meters and I want reference level audio while watching a movie. That's about 104db per speaker if I got this right. That's pretty close to THX recommended...
  6. V

@amirm May I ask why this is your new recommendation? I'm glad you post the gain figure. I'm just curious on that number and why. Thanks!
  7. V

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I was being sarcastic but I am curious. The internet says Billet Steel has duribility advantages. Like my hopped up engine in my Camaro, I need my DAC to handle a beating and put away wet.
  8. V

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

The last time I tried an upgraded PSU for the A07, it made a LOT of powersupply noise that was very obnoxious through my speakers. I imagine they want him to test the bigger supply to show this is not a problem. I don't think there is some conspiracy...
  9. V

It's not even milled from billet aluminum for $10k? Sheesh. What a ripoff. For $4k more I can get a LS billet aluminum block and enjoy that sweet sound of the V8 that actually does something more than a Honda with a 100x price tag...
  10. V

I mean yeah... That's the idea. If they don't give a shit how it measures, and they BELIEVE it's going to sound good, and they want to pay, why not take the money? So long as I use magical audiophile adjectives, and don't post numbers that are technically not true, then what's the problem...
  11. V

I guess ill buy a $10 DAC, put it in a fancy case and charge $5000.
  12. V

What people often miss with their unreasonable conflation with luck as the major factor, is that everyone can align themselves to have better chances a getting luckier outcomes. For example, I got lucky to get the career position at a great company , doing awesome work. However, there was zero...
  13. V

I don't think concern for others is a narcissistic trait. :rolleyes: I don't think that's what they're doing anyway. I think everyone here has a different value system. They may be saying it's wildly overpriced, but I don't see anyone telling you or anyone else to not buy it.
  14. V

That doesn't make them shallow. Why would they care about the needs of someone they don't know? They're not buying this DAC for someone else. If you see the pretty looking volume knob and think it's worth $5000, and I don't, it doesn't make me shallow. It means we have different priorities. It...
  15. V

It's real simple. Either it's audible, or it's not. Your ignorant judgement on my character is entirely meaningless. So how about you tell me if it's audible, how you know if it is, and this "harm" you so claim. Otherwise, what exactly are you contributing here?
Top Bottom