Recent content by Urgelle

1. Urgelle

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Christophe, his voice when he got old was just amazing :
  2. Urgelle

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

Oxmo Puccino, a french rapper with generally well written lyrics and good instrumentals, I think at least half of his albums are very good.
  3. Urgelle

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

Any movie or series soundtrack composed by François de Roubaix is good it seems, even Chapi Chapo.
  4. Urgelle

Movies Worth Owning

Since there is "Le cercle rouge" and "Le samouraï", I'll add "Les Enfants Terribles" and "The beauty and the beast", both adapted from books written by Cocteau,the former directed by Melville and the latter by Cocteau himself, both good movies that I think are well worth owning but for different...
  5. Urgelle

Album art - a wonderful legacy of the vinyl record era.

Moustache's cover pops up in my mind every few days, probably the album that got me into this kind of "cacophonic" electronic music.
  6. Urgelle

Movies Worth Owning

The White ribbon and Happy end made by Haneke, I can't watch them over and over because I still think about them a two weeks after I watch them but I can watch them once a month or once every two month. Man Bites Dog though, I could probably watch it until I die without getting annoyed.
  7. Urgelle

"Different" music for bored music lovers

Don't known if it's different enough and they're not obscure if you're into this kind of music but Von Magnet is pretty good : and a song from Pierre Henry who (i think) i mainly known for his collaboration with Béjart, i think it fits with the "I'm sure there's nothing quite like this", at...
  8. Urgelle

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

The City of lost children and the King and the Mockingbird, Both great movies.
Top Bottom