Recent content by UncleFungus

1. U

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

Here's mine, living out it's retirement as a power amp: The Onkyo can do the job just fine by itself but I've got the A-S1100 so I might as well use it.
  2. U

In my country the R-N2000a costs 4 times the price of the R-N803D. This is very hard to justify. For me I just like having a nice piece of audio equipment. Similar to how some people would like an expensive piece of furniture or piece of art. I even kept my A-S1100 because of how it looks...
  3. U

I struggle to hear any difference. I did read that the A-S1200 is supposed to be noticeably better than the A-S1100 so in theory the 2000A should also be better. Maybe the finer details of SQ are lost on me. The A-S1100 has a neat trick where it can act as a power amp. It has main-in...
  4. U

Bit of a long story so I'll try to keep it to the point. I was sick of multichannel HT so I bought a R-N803D to replace my Onkyo TX-RX850. My speakers in this system were Kef Q950 floorstanders. At the same time I decided to stop using the sub so I was expecting less bass. On my hifi...
  5. U

As for the R-N803, I found it was a good amp but lacked bass depth and strength vs everything else I own (Yamaha A-S1100, Yamaha R-N2000A, NAD C700, Onkyo TX-RX850). This is with all tone controls and room correction switched off. I've sold the R-N803 as I had too many amps and it was the...
  6. U

Swapped the dark wood side panels from my A-S1100 to the R-N2000A. Perfect fit :)
  7. U

The R-N2000A panels are wood, they're just covered in layers of black piano gloss paint. Perhaps it could be sanded and re-finished? I test fitted the A-S1100 panels to my R-N2000A and they fit perfectly. However I can't find any way to purchase the panels separately :(
  8. U

The loudness knob is kind of like an advanced bass and treble control in one and it's good for getting dynamics at lower volumes. Maybe someone else can explain it better. While the meters function as they should, in reality they are cosmetic. Either you like them or you don't.
  9. U

Personally I think the silver looks better. However silver would look out of place in my setup so my A-S1100 is black and so is my R-N2000A.
  10. U

You have to push the speakers button twice for it to change. The first time you press it, it just shows the current speaker setting. Having said that, there is a button on the remote control so if you accidently sit on it there is a chance you'll engage the built in amps by mistake. Nothing's...
  11. U

That gave me an idea - the dark wood panels on my A-S1100 are exactly the same size so I can simply swap them over :) The wood panels look longer in the picture but that's because the panels are thicker on top. Every dimension is the same.
  12. U

In this video he mentions that the R-N2000A is using a newer generation of MusicCast chip It's at around 5:40 that he starts talking about all older MusicCast devices being generation 1, and the R-N2000A being the first with generation 2. I don't speak German but youtube's auto-translate is...
  13. U

My R-N803D has been packed away for months. This weekend I'll reconnect it and see if it appears in the Tidal App. Hellgate's screenshot shows that even the MusicCast app refers to it as Tidal Connect rather than just Tidal.
  14. U

I didn't expect this to support Tidal Connect but it comes up in the list in the Tidal Windows desktop app: My R-N803D and RX-V1079 never appeared in that list so I had to use the musicast app instead (which is not as good as the native tidal app). It did stutter occasionally but I'm not...
Top Bottom