Recent content by twsecrest

1. twsecrest

4-pin XLR or 4.4mm for headphone cables?

Me, I would go XLR, better durability.
  2. twsecrest

Now that I have a pair of HD560S I'm considering downsizing my pc speakers config

Sense you do not list where you are located, we has no idea what speakers are available to you, in your area.
  3. twsecrest

iBasso DC04 Balanced Dongle with 4.4mm Pentaconn Jack

I use the Ibasso DC-03, with a PC and like it, I lost mine last week, but just ordered another one. Are you going to use the DC-03 with a computer or plugging it into your phone? (or both or other). So I'm assuming the DC-04 is decent.
  4. twsecrest

Now that I have a pair of HD560S I'm considering downsizing my pc speakers config

Me, I would check out Logitech and buy whatever your willing to budget for. But I would suggest those Monoprice units I listed, if your willing to budget for them.
  5. twsecrest

Small speakers will not be able to provide the quality of sound, compared to good headphones. I usually check out Monoprice for stuff, good bang for the buck. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=36571
  6. twsecrest

Speakers > Headphones suggestions? (Vinyl-listening)

Most receivers, to save in manufacturing costs, use the same amplifier(s) that drive the speakers, to also drive the headphones. So it's a little crude and not great for lower impedance (Ohm) headphones. So headphones that are 250-Ohm or higher are what you want to use for most receivers (or...
  7. twsecrest

Audio from PC - budget $500, very newbie

Simple DACs. https://hifimediy.com/product-category/dacs/?min_price=20&max_price=100&q=%2Fproduct-category%2Fdacs%2F&orderby=price
  8. twsecrest

Question about Creative X7!

That should work. Would assume it would be cheaper manufacturer the X7's RCA input to automatically convert all incoming audio to digital. Instead of adding an extra analog audio route (RCA to headphone jack). But I'm just guessing.
  9. twsecrest

Question about Creative X7!

Have no idea. Why you asking?
  10. twsecrest

¿Do i need a dac for my Edifier S1000MKII active speakers?

My two cents. OP can get a nice simple DAC, for close to the same price as a decent USB/optical converter. and I'm guess that DAC chip would be a better DAC chip, then the one in the speakers (IMHO).
  11. twsecrest

¿Do i need a dac for my Edifier S1000MKII active speakers?

RCA (analog audio signal) input on the Edifers can easily pass a 24-bit/192khz signal. Any analog audio signal from an external DAC should work fine with the Edifer's RCA (red/white) input. But I think I would just stick to the optical input.
  12. twsecrest

Amp or DAC combo Recommendation for Aeon Flow Closed (original)

The Marantz PM7001 headphone jack, because of impedance issues, might not be feeding the Aeon Flow the correct power, less voltage, more current. How goes the Aeon Flow sound connected to your phone?
  13. twsecrest

Amp or DAC combo Recommendation for Aeon Flow Closed (original)

At 13-Ohm ,my brain says it'd designed to work well with battery powered portable device. Battery power means use less voltage and need more current. The JDS Atom is what I would look into.
  14. twsecrest

Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm (even needed?)

Topping or Xduoo headphone amplifiers.
Top Bottom