Recent content by Two-eyed cyclops

1. T

I disassembled my Genelec 8351B

Genelecs routes the signal through it's DAC to apply dsp whether you use aes/ebu or xlr connection. You can't bypass genelecs own dac. I don't know for sure how that 133 db dynamic range turns out, could be just better signal to noise ratio in which case it doesn't matter if you aren't...
  2. T

I should definitely get both styles for different music and moods :cool: Saddest part of this purchase is that now I might need to buy better room to get sweeter looking graphs :facepalm:
  3. T

So I've been listening these stunning babes for past 2 weeks and have to say they are worth of all the hype :p Cable managements is still in progress and I think I might have bought too short cables.. Also I found out that shape of my listening room is far from optimal, I had to bring the...
  4. T

Speaker purchase advice - KEF vs. Genelec vs. ?

Bricksie I'll promise you, you will get acquainted to every single thread about 8351b's and recognize other members who own 8351b's :D
  5. T

Congratulations for your purchase!! That is going to be long and harsh waiting period o_O. Getting my 8351b pair next monday after 2 and a half week waiting, and I admit it, it haven't been easy... I have wasted unimaginable hours browsing through forums reading every bit of information about my...
  6. T

Naim Uniti Atom vs NAD M10

I would agree with you if we were talking about how I measured this graph from this amp versus this amp, what methods did I use and what is my source of error ect. This all loses meaning when we transition to thing called hearing and my perception of which one is better than something else.. You...
  7. T

You know it's quite paradoxical that facts are the things there is any sense to argue about, rather than matters of taste.o_O I just like listening music and want to help others enjoy the music also.
  8. T

Most of the people have similar (by similar I mean not identical but same kind of) perception of reality obiviosly but no two person has the exactly the same perception about reality. My red color is not the same as your red color. We can agree both that this color is red but it doesn't change...
  9. T

I don't think you can have actual/factual data about anything which is related to human senses. If I'm not incorrect, we can only have data measured by external devices we can agree on, but the translation from external measured data to perceived sensory sensation will be up for debate at least...
  10. T

To form an oppinion about certain device, I have found usefull method to pool oppinions of different equipments from population wide as possible. I have found oppinions on forums quite useful. When other people compare stuff they hear to other stuff they have heard I can start forming some sort...
  11. T

I agree, in fact you would have to have some sort of setting where you are able to switch only the piece you are testing within 4 seconds to maintain your inaccurate echoic memory. It might be quite difficult to change the cables within 4 seconds from amp to amp. Can we conclude that actually...
  12. T

Nothing! it was purely subjective testing, no controls no nothing, just listening and trying to figure out wich one would suit for my R3's :) Well I did measure SPL with phone mic so it was my only effort to standardize the testing.
  13. T

Last year when I was chosing my all-in-one amp for my KEF R3's I audited NAD M10, Naim uniti atom, Linn Majik DSM and Hegel 190. I noticed also that the sound in Naim was just slightly more pleasant and mayby more dynamic compared to NAD. But the software was easily the worst of all four and I...
  14. T

Didn't ask but I'm under the impression that 8361a costs ~1000€ more than 8351b, so mayby you could get a pair for 8000-9000 in Finland?
  15. T

I would love to know the effect w371 has on sound when paired with the Ones! Caught myself drooling over the W371's just yesterday :D I hope Genelec comes up with W371b which would be at least half the price and design could be more like the Ones. Now the monitors sitting above w371 sticks out...
Top Bottom