Recent content by tunamelt

1. T

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

I like that mock up much, much better. I’m in the market for this very type of amp and would be dissuaded by badging that literally said “value line” on the front of the case, vane as that may be.
  2. T

Has anybody been able to use Airplay 2 without the clicks/crackling sound?

I had a very similar issue with my Airport Express. It had reproducible distortion/crackling over AirPlay--I realized I had a serious problem when listening to "Won't Get Fooled Again" at high volume--the floor was so noisy during the synth/organ intro I had to turn it off. I worked backwards...
  3. T

recommend an upgrade path?

Following up on my own post: I ended up grabbing a pair of the Infinity R263 towers that @Cahudson42 recommended. They went on sale after Thanksgiving for $400 for the pair, shipped, which I believe is the best deal I have gotten on anything, ever. These speakers, coupled with RHL sub, have...
  4. T

Yes, I had my dad's record collection of jazz and 60s rock in storage... finally decided to get a TT to play it, and also see what the hype is about. I will probably just buy a few records here and there of albums I really love.
  5. T

Wow, those look amazing for the price point when they're on sale!
  6. T

I tweak the gain on the ART based on the record--turn it up until I see clipping and then back off a touch. And yes, I'm going into the CD line level input from the ART. I figured speakers would make the most difference. Given my listening area, I'm guessing they will need to be more...
  7. T

First off, I want to say hello and that I'm very happy to have found these forums. As a 7th grader in the mid-80s, I subscribed to Stereo Review, and home audio has been an interest/hobby ever since. Life/marriage/children got in the way of me really embracing it over the past 10 -15 years...
Top Bottom