Recent content by TUC716

1. T

New Poster Seeking Advice...HD6xx/THX AAA 887

Alright, I’m back for more schooling. Ha. I took a trip to my local thrift shop today and found a Sony CDP-C445 five disc CD player, in what appears to be decent shape, for $15. Brought it home and immediately hooked it up to the 887. My first impressions were that it was definitely a good deal...
  2. T

I will hunt something down and report back. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
  3. T

Yeah, I just took it out of the box a couple days ago, it was an amazon purchase. That was my initial thought, I had read that it could seriously beat the hell out of my ears, and then I had it turned all the way up on the 3rd gain and it was definitely not too much.
  4. T

By proper, do you mean just solid connections, or is there a chance I simply have it hooked up improperly?
  5. T

I used a 3.5mm headphone jack into the RCA input on the amp, running tidal. So not knowing that specification is going to essentially turn my receiver/integrated amp hunt into a trial and error campaign?
  6. T

I appreciate the explanation, that short summary helps me to begin to understand. I do have the ability to connect my MacBook Air to the headphone amp. That sounded a bit better, but wasn't not much louder. Is that a source that can help me?
  7. T

Because there is no sensitivity rating for the 887 is what I assume you're suggesting. I really don't have much knowledge regarding these sepcifcations and how to match them. What exactly makes a suitable match? Any resources that you'd recommend that would help explain this? Thanks again.
  8. T

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I only have the one receiver to try. I have to plead ignorance when looking at the first two posts. Do those specifications suggest that my receiver does not output enough power to properly drive the 887? Thanks again.
  9. T

Hey Everyone. This is my first post after many months of lurking the forum. If this post is better suited for another section of the board, I'll be happy to move it. I've spent quite a long while being interested in audio, but I'm just now starting my journey to truly learn as much as I can...
Top Bottom